💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga the Queen of Body Positivity

Mother of Puppies

Featured Posts

Do people even realize how important that is.

i just recently learned (and I’m closer to being 30, not 20) that the fat bump on my stomach is a natural thing.

I spent YEARS believing that my stomach should be completely flat. It is flat very down there but as you go higher it forms a bump and it’s normal. I thought that my fat distribution is weird. And I remember superbowl mess and people arguing about her stomach.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mother of Puppies
On 2/8/2021 at 2:26 AM, Kattys said:

Do people even realize how important that is.

i just recently learned (and I’m closer to being 30, not 20) that the fat bump on my stomach is a natural thing.

I spent YEARS believing that my stomach should be completely flat. It is flat very down there but as you go higher it forms a bump and it’s normal. I thought that my fat distribution is weird. And I remember superbowl mess and people arguing about her stomach.

Girl! Same here! I learned about that very recently... it just means that our bodies are designed to be able to bear children :ally:

(sry I had to dig up my old thread again)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

InTheCloset

in one year i went from 121kg to 73kg. but i became more insecure than ever. i had a little bit of loose skin. i still do. and due to rapid loss i lost muscle mass. so the end result was no tone or definition just a whole mess. now im slowly working to build it by strength training. and its too early to say if i'll ever have the body i want

but seeing people be comfortable with their bodies and 'flaws' makes me feel a bit confident about myself. there r still days when i obsess over something so much that i just cancel all my plans and do nothing. 

its not bad or im not shaming those with perfect bodies. its just that sometimes it feels really good knowing that mine is normal.

The abyss stares back

GagaSine
On 2/6/2021 at 10:59 PM, Diamonster said:

Gaga made me develop the insecurities I have to this day, my face, my nose, my a**, my breasts, my eyes, my lips, my voice :laughga: I'm envious of the people she makes feel better because many times after some selfie I just spiral so bad into a self hating episode again.

It was way worse when I was younger though so I guess that's an improvement

Honestly when she was using fillers a lot I definitely developed a really unhealthy obsession with fillers and would stare at the mirror thinking of all the ways the fillers could "improve" how I look, spent hours looking up different clinics, prices, and information about procedures as well as before & after photos on Instagram.

Luckily I will probably never be able to afford them and I got over the obsession after a year or so and now I don't care. But it was definitely damaging my self perception and mental health at the time, I thought if only I could get lip fillers and all the other "subtle" work Gaga & other celebrities get done then my life would be perfect. 

Mother of Puppies
On 6/6/2021 at 10:07 PM, GagaSine said:

Honestly when she was using fillers a lot I definitely developed a really unhealthy obsession with fillers and would stare at the mirror thinking of all the ways the fillers could "improve" how I look, spent hours looking up different clinics, prices, and information about procedures as well as before & after photos on Instagram.

Luckily I will probably never be able to afford them and I got over the obsession after a year or so and now I don't care. But it was definitely damaging my self perception and mental health at the time, I thought if only I could get lip fillers and all the other "subtle" work Gaga & other celebrities get done then my life would be perfect. 

I have thought about that too.. not gonna lie... but then when I'm being honest I actually prefer Gaga (and other celebs) when they are natural (with thinner lips for instance)

I have decided that I won't do any fillers because of the potential dangers. Instead I'm gonna have my teeth fixed  (invisalign and prof. whitening as soon as I have saved enough money for it)

I sometimes still catch myself comparing my body/appearance to others and at times I obsess way too much about the way I look and start exaggerating with doing too many workouts, because Gaga's body looked so toned and fit during Joanne era.

Aphasic
On 2/6/2021 at 4:43 PM, MotherOfPuppies said:

I recently read an article about body shamers & body positivity... and there are more and more accounts on instagram that actually address this topic too which then led me to think about that Gaga has also spoken about this years ago...

And she also had to deal with body shamers before (Super Bowl) I mean y'all know that story lol

Lady Gaga Eye Roll GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/lady-gaga-explains-why-she-responded-to-body-shamers

I believe a lot of people were also offended by these mean comments, because if she is already being body shamed for her athletic body, what the hell would these people say about me, right?

I really liked this article too  "3 Body Image Lessons From Lady Gaga"

https://www.haileyrowe.com/lady-gaga/

I also remember this insta post a few years back. And also as soon as you do a different pose (like on the pic above) you have to explain yourself why you can see the ribs, which is natural in that position. I think people need to learn how a body looks like in certain positions... I sometimes wonder if people don't look at their bodies while they move, sit or stretch. :bear:

Lady-Gaga.jpglady-gaga-600-32.jpg&q=85

Another thing I love is that she doesn't hide her stretch marks! When I saw that picture I read some of the comments (which I dont do these days anymore) but most of them were very positive... and apparently a lot of people can relate and are happy to see a celeb that shows this off and does not care what people think. (And she has the money to   have them removed, right?)

What I'm trying to say is: For a lot of young girls (and boys) this is a difficult topic... I have stretch marks on my thighs and gosh... I had such a hard time when I was a teenager ... there was one summer when I was like 15, where I would literally not wear short pants and I did not go swimming with my friends, because I was sooooo ashamed... I would find excuses why I couldn't go with them, just out of pure shame. Shame for something that was not my fault...something that is natural, but I felt like I was the only one and that this is not "normal" and I was afraid that people would make fun of me.

If I had seen that my favorite pop star has the same "issue" that I have, that would have helped me a lot. (Sadly she wasn't a star yet when I was 15) :ohwell:

So I think in that sense (and of course there are other reasons too) she is a great role model for young people and she doesn't even realize that it is something as trivial as this.

lg_main.jpg?itok=FcFYZcw2

https://www.ohmymag.co.uk/celeb/these-celebs-arent-afraid-to-show-their-stretch-marks_art6840.html

This actually reminds me of a german model that just showed off her bit of "hair" on her upper lip... and some people freaked out because of this lol

What do you think about this topic? I hope in the future that body positivity will be talked about more and that real bodies become the new "normal"... like it's ok to have flaws... we all have them and it shouldn't be a big deal.

My insecurities as I said above were my stretch marks; and I say "were" because I am not ashamed of it anymore... I'm not saying that I "love" them on me just yet (I could live without them :ladyhaha:) ( strangely I don't mind them on other people at all) but Gaga has really had an impact on me with her saying that we should love ourselves...

Do you have any (physical) insecurities?

(PS: I have a whole list of insecurities and I'm sure Gaga has some more too and it's ok to be insecure sometimes.. we all are... we should just not let it rule our life and by talking about it I think we can help each other)

f4UDb6sZd6yeHf7ZQSRpwbj4TaqJLZkqssyhbqwT

I love that Gaga did not airbrush her beautiful breasts and really showed the even a huge triconic legendary magestic pop cultural living artist can have stretchmarks and that I am sure helped a lot of people feel more secure about their god given bodies. 

I have to admit that I love stretchmarks and scars and I find them super sexy. :firega:

Mother of Puppies
On 6/6/2021 at 8:19 PM, InTheCloset said:

but seeing people be comfortable with their bodies and 'flaws' makes me feel a bit confident about myself. there r still days when i obsess over something so much that i just cancel all my plans and do nothing. 

its not bad or im not shaming those with perfect bodies. its just that sometimes it feels really good knowing that mine is normal.

Yeah I feel the same... seing people's so called "flaws" and them not being ashamed of it really helped me to be ok with mine.

I said it before, but I've always felt so ashamed of my stretch marks and I even pointed that out to a person like 2 weeks ago... I was like "yeah, nobody is perfect. See, I got stretch marks all over my thighs!" aand I showed them. And the person started talking about their "problem zones" - it felt really good to talk about it.

Mother of Puppies
3 minutes ago, Aphasic said:

f4UDb6sZd6yeHf7ZQSRpwbj4TaqJLZkqssyhbqwT

I love that Gaga did not airbrush her beautiful breasts and really showed the even a huge triconic legendary magestic pop cultural living artist can have stretchmarks and that I am sure helped a lot of people feel more secure about their god given bodies. 

I have to admit that I love stretchmarks and scars and I find them super sexy. :firega:

Yes! When I saw that I LOVED her for doing that! My stretch marks on my thighs were my biggest insecurity for a very long time... I wish I could've seen Gaga showing hers off when I was 15... but at the time she wasn't famous yet.

But I'm glad I saw that she is cool with that - so now I'm cool with mine.

Aphasic
12 minutes ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

Yes! When I saw that I LOVED her for doing that! My stretch marks on my thighs were my biggest insecurity for a very long time... I wish I could've seen Gaga showing hers off when I was 15... but at the time she wasn't famous yet.

But I'm glad I saw that she is cool with that - so now I'm cool with mine.

I wish I had stretchmarks but I have a bunch of scars and freckles and they make up for them oh and at almost 35 I am starting to get wrinkles and I kinda dig 'em

qVkAAAABEgAQALcUja2QXkJLonRwY1A7T30=&thu

Archived