1 minute ago, OMonster said:

Do we know who is performing?

no

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Regina George said:

My opinion that is shared by Grammy committee clearly. Just because it is about something doesn’t mean it deserves it more than albums that are bout something else. Be realistic. 

The Grammy committee also very blatantly snubbed The Weeknd. So let's not pretend they have ANY integrity whatsoever. They want whoever will show up and give them the best publicity for playing along with their games. It's all very shallow and obvious how they operate.

Y'all say this but if Gaga does win one this year/ was nominated for AOTY; you would all be loving the Grammys :ohwell:

Kadikaado
2 minutes ago, Regina George said:

cough cough *obsessed fan that can’t be realistic* cough cough 

Back at you, like anyone is surprised that The Weeknd was snobbed so Dua Lipa would receive lots of Grammys because no one would vote for her if The Weeknd was there.

4 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Also you mentioning “silly love songs on FN” as if other any other album that’s nominated has different meanings.. Your dislike for Dua and her music is clear but don’t forget that Gaga’s first two albums are all about love and heartbreak and silly things like fame.. 

I don't dislike Dua Lipa, BTW I already liked her around the time of Blow Your Mind. I just extremely dislike her behaviour during quarantine and think Future Nostalgia is incredible overrated, but it's ok, everyone has their time on the spotlight and it's not about the quality of what they produce since there's amazing people making incredible stuff that's simply not mainstream enough.

And no, Gaga's first two albums are not about love, it's totally the oposite, she used love to talk about deeper stuff, it's called layering. Like Paparazzi is about obsession and it's not about a person. It's about celebrity culture and how low people go chasing fame. What I truly liked about Gaga first works is how many layers you can find in her work.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Just because it talks about antipsychotic meds and mental health on 1-2 tracks, doesn't mean that the whole album's automatically deep and super important.

1-2 tracks ?

Major chunk of Chromatica explicitly talks about her mental health struggle over the years. Alice, Rain on Me, Fun Tonight, 911, Plastic Doll, Replay, Sine from Above and 1000 Doves, all of them are very clear about different aspects of her mental health.

Teletubby
11 minutes ago, Regina George said:

My opinion that is shared by Grammy committee clearly. 

Grammy committee is known for bypassing candidates in the interest of gender and racial diversity. 

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

HalucinatingPrince

I still think Chromatica should have won AOTY. This album gave me goosebumps with the first track, and by the end I was sobbing. No other album has caused me that tbh

When I ignite the flame, and put you in my mouth The grass eats up my insides, and my brunette starts to sprout.

Regina George
12 minutes ago, Dayman said:

The Grammy committee also very blatantly snubbed The Weeknd. So let's not pretend they have ANY integrity whatsoever. They want whoever will show up and give them the best publicity for playing along with their games. It's all very shallow and obvious how they operate.

I said that I agree with The Weeknd being snubbed. Chromatica didn't deserve that nomination. 

Regina George
7 minutes ago, Kadikaado said:

Back at you, like anyone is surprised that The Weeknd was snobbed so Dua Lipa would receive lots of Grammys because no one would vote for her if The Weeknd was there.

I don't dislike Dua Lipa, BTW I already liked her around the time of Blow Your Mind. I just extremely dislike her behaviour during quarantine and think Future Nostalgia is incredible overrated, but it's ok, everyone has their time on the spotlight and it's not about the quality of what they produce since there's amazing people making incredible stuff that's simply not mainstream enough.

And no, Gaga's first two albums are not about love, it's totally the oposite, she used love to talk about deeper stuff, it's called layering. Like Paparazzi is about obsession and it's not about a person. It's about celebrity culture and how low people go chasing fame. What I truly liked about Gaga first works is how many layers you can find in her work.

:poot: okay

Kadikaado
10 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

1. It didn't bring anything back (try listening to a broader spectrum of artists)

2. Just because it talks about antipsychotic meds and mental health on 1-2 tracks, doesn't mean that the whole album's automatically deep and super important.

1 - I was talking about mainstream, but whatever.

2 - Let's see: 1 - Alice - About  dissociating with reality, 2 - Rain On Me - Alcoholism, 3 - Free Woman - Feminism, 4 - Fun Tonight - Mental Health/Being forced to pretend being happy for the sake of others, 5 - 911 - Meds, mental health, dissociation, 6 - Objectification and feminism - 7 -Replay - Mental Health, PTSD, Trauma, 8/9 - Sine From Above/1000 Doves - Two songs about healing and surviving mental health issues.

Yes, just 1 or 2 songs, nothing really deep or important.

Just now, Regina George said:

I said that I agree with The Weeknd being snubbed. Chromatica didn't deserve that nomination. 

Yeah but it's all a matter of opinion and you can't agree with The Weeknd being snubbed and then use The Grammy committee "agreeing" with you on not nominating it to support your argument. There's definitely album of the year noms that quite frankly are more boring, don't offer as much of an experience to listen to and CERTAINLY do not have as much of an impact. I'm not saying Chromatica deserves a win - but it def deserved a nom over certain choices. Realistically FN, After Hours, Chromatica and Folklore are the 4 pop contenders that should be in there.

lilboyblue

Personally, I thought Chromatica would have deserved an AOTY nomination if it got in, but it's a tough field. Dua has the "it girl" factor so I'm not surprised Future Nostalgia made it. Maybe they didn't feel 2 dance/pop albums for AOTY was necessary?

OT: Surprise performance from Gaga, please. They'd probably invite her if she's won.

Kadikaado
28 minutes ago, Adrenaliner said:

Thankfully I can appreciate more artists then just Gaga

Ok, werk!

BleepBloop
14 minutes ago, pikapika said:

1-2 tracks ?

Major chunk of Chromatica explicitly talks about her mental health struggle over the years. Alice, Rain on Me, Fun Tonight, 911, Plastic Doll, Replay, Sine from Above and 1000 Doves, all of them are very clear about different aspects of her mental health.

7 minutes ago, Kadikaado said:

1 - I was talking about mainstream, but whatever.

2 - Let's see: 1 - Alice - About  dissociating with reality, 2 - Rain On Me - Alcoholism, 3 - Free Woman - Feminism, 4 - Fun Tonight - Mental Health/Being forced to pretend being happy for the sake of others, 5 - 911 - Meds, mental health, dissociation, 6 - Objectification and feminism - 7 -Replay - Mental Health, PTSD, Trauma, 8/9 - Sine From Above/1000 Doves - Two songs about healing and surviving mental health issues.

Yes, just 1 or 2 songs, nothing really deep or important.

Well, it's all very surface-level so, my argument stands. She was LITERALLY just scratching the surface on these issues. It's all very fleeting and impactless. Just BECAUSE you sing about a serious thematic, doesn't mean it's automatically impactful. 

Archived