💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Tony Bennett has Alzheimer’s; C2C Pt 2 coming this Spring

robboadam

Featured Posts

robboadam

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/celebrities/info-2021/tony-bennett-alzheimers.html�/

I won’t post the whole article as it’s a long one, but a really wonderful (though sad) article. Main thing is that Tony has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, and actually got diagnosed 5 years ago.

There’s quite a lot about Gaga. Music-wise, this may be of interest:

In 2014 Lady Gaga and Tony recorded Cheek to Cheek, an album of standards that debuted at number one on Billboard's Top 200 pop and rock chart — the kind of intergenerational success that simply cannot be ignored. Soon, a follow-up was being discussed. The songs were recorded, in widely spaced sessions, between 2018 and early 2020. After a number of delays, owing to Gaga's burgeoning movie-stardom (in A Star Is Born) and solo-recording career (including the release of her recent LPs Joanne and Chromatica) — to say nothing of the COVID-19 pandemic — the collaboration is finally being prepared for release this spring.

Tony was already showing clear signs of the disease, Susan said, when he and Gaga started recording the new LP at New York's Electric Lady Studios two years after his diagnosis. Indeed, Susan was not entirely sure that Tony was up to the task. “We'll try,” she recalled telling Danny. “That's all I can tell you. We'll try."

Wishing him nothing but the best and looking forward to more music from the two. What a wonderful man. :heart:

LilyLark

Oh no, that is so sad. Poor Tony. It's a terrible disease. I'm honestly shocked, though, as he's made several public appearances over the past few years where he seemed okay (I think he even performed several songs, not just one, at some charity event). Then again, from what I understand people with Alzheimer's can have moments of lucidity.

Regina George

So sad to hear this but Tony is 94 years old and it’s only natural that his health is decreasing.. He has a long life and beautiful legacy behind him. Even tho I am not fan of jazz I am really glad Gaga will get to release another album with him because this man is one of the reasons she is still doing music.:heart:

Pop Music

love him so much! He has always been a great friend, collaborator and mentor for gaga!

happy he is in good hands and wish him lots of love and happiness!

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

RAMROD

I am so sad to hear about his condition :bradley:

But I already got this sunken feeling that COMATICA have alreafy been over after 911 since she is being so quiet about it.

Looking forward to the C3C!!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RudraCNG

Wow, this should be good news bc of C2C2 confirmation, but Alzheimer is such a horrible disease. I hope he's sorrounded by her family and friends :heart:

papergangstas

so Gaga is preparing for a second C2C era now? maybe that's the reason why there wasn't anything super-big released from Chromatica since 911. Also, all the best for Tony and I hope that Gaga can enjoy some more moments with him together. :heart:

One of me is wiser. One of me is stronger. One of me is a fighter, and there's a thousand faces of me, Army of me

TEANUS

So down for a C2C2 since we got LG6 :enigma:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Franch Toast

Wow, poor Tony, and poor Susan. Sending them love. 

I'm looking forward to C3C, and I hope this fanbase will support it. :heart:

She/Her/Hers

Nathaniel Arven

Tony is such a legend. He was there for Amy and Gaga and probably a lot of other persons. A pie.

James Gibson

Since this is looking to be his last release i hope its a wonderful farewell to an excellent career.

So hard reading that article but also very important. Gaga must be so hurt but showed so much empathy that she has :hug:

I always use Tony's sticker :tony:  as a fun joke but it captures his true joy of performing and thats how everybody will remember him.

Ladey Gaygay

Noooo!!!! :( tony is such an icon and this only means the inevitable 

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

Archived