Chromatica out now

💌 monthly fan mail 💌
digital art

My Custom Chromatica Jacket (Now Printed!)

E MO TION

Featured Posts

E MO TION

Heya

I've posted here few times about my vinyl jacket design for Chromatica and few weeks ago I sent it to a printing company.

Well.... It isn't what I expected but it looks cute and it's my first time printing something I designed so I guess it's ok. The text has red tones and the pictures doesn't look as good as they should (even though they were at 600 dpi), but it's better than having only a flimsy plastic sleeve (I'm looking at you Haus of Gaga :huntyga:). Now the only thing left is to print the stickers and shrink wrap it. I don't think I'll print designs again (certainly not from where I did because shipping was really expensive and the product isn't really top quality) but it was kinda fun to do it.

Also thank you to everyone who voted on the poll because the veins cover looks really good with the cover imo.

UPDATE: I've contacted the store and they will be sending me a new jacket and said that their art team went through my files to look what went wrong. Fingers crossed it will look better this time. 

image-67178497.png

image-67200001.png

Edit for those who don't wanna scroll to see what happened with the replacement: 

So what happened is that when they said "the art team will review your files" it meant that they would pull an old design I posted here (how did they even get to that?!?! I sent them a Photoshop file and nothing more) and they printed that. They didn't fix the issue with the text, and now instead of it being too sharp it looks really blurry. I'm so disappointed and shocked that I asked for a refund. I will post the pics of the replacement one if you guys would like.

Edited by E MO TION
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 7
numb the flame

I like it!

all on my own i'm a toxic innovator with my trigger fingers rests on the incinerator
  • Love 1
Pop Music

looks very nice!

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Marina 💝Rina 💝Shania 💝Disney 💝Lush 💝Corey Fogelmanis
  • Love 1
Grigio Guy

I was banking on a Chromatica Reissue with a Double LP gatefold, but my dreams of that are fading. I have one I made too and will probably end up doing this toot. It looks good! Did you have it printed or did you print it yourself??

Edited by Grigio Guy
The art of failure is interpretant of what I meant to say
E MO TION
8 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

I was banking on a Chromatica Reissue with a Double LP gatefold, but my dreams of that are fading. I have one I made too and will probably end up doing this toot. It looks good! Did you have it printed or did you print it yourself??

I still kinda dream about it but I think it'll never happen now that we're getting into the Gucci film era. I had it printed in a company that also presses but vinyl but I don't think I can recommend to use them as the quality isn't really good. I tried to contact them and let's see what happens. Also I'd love to see your design!

9 minutes ago, Pop Music said:

looks very nice!

10 minutes ago, numb the flame said:

I like it!

Thank you :kiss:

Grigio Guy
39 minutes ago, E MO TION said:

I still kinda dream about it but I think it'll never happen now that we're getting into the Gucci film era. I had it printed in a company that also presses but vinyl but I don't think I can recommend to use them as the quality isn't really good. I tried to contact them and let's see what happens. Also I'd love to see your design!

Thank you :kiss:

I am at work, but I will update this thread when I’m off! I did a gatefold where the cover and back are similar to yours!

• 2 weeks later...
Grigio Guy

GTFLD-IN.pngGTFLD-FRNTBK.png

Sorry it took so long! But I plan on getting this done! along with these prints inserted!

ART-2.pngART-3.pngART-1.png

• Like 1
  • Love 3
E MO TION
5 hours ago, Grigio Guy said:

GTFLD-IN.pngGTFLD-FRNTBK.png

Sorry it took so long! But I plan on getting this done! along with these prints inserted!

ART-2.pngART-3.pngART-1.png

It looks really good! I'm not sure if it's because you uploaded it to here but the first 2 photos looks kinda grainy. I suggest you make sure that it's the highest quality and above 300 dpi.

Grigio Guy
1 hour ago, E MO TION said:

It looks really good! I'm not sure if it's because you uploaded it to here but the first 2 photos looks kinda grainy. I suggest you make sure that it's the highest quality and above 300 dpi.

They’re actually screenshots! That’s probably why! Thank you! I can’t find a website that does double sided prints for the tracklist and stuff which blows :(

• 2 weeks later...
E MO TION
Posted (edited)
On 2/25/2021 at 12:22 AM, Hunty1 said:

This is gorgeous - what print site did you use?

On 2/25/2021 at 12:34 AM, Juanlittlem said:

Did they send another one? Does it look better?

Yes. But it doesn't. I thought about posting a thread about it but it's so ridiculous and I don't wanna open another thread. 

So what happened is that when they said "the art team will review your files" it meant that they would pull an old design I posted here (how did they even get to that?!?! I sent them a Photoshop file and nothing more) and they printed that. They didn't fix the issue with the text, and now instead of it being too sharp it looks really blurry. I'm so disappointed and shocked that I asked for a refund. I will post the pics of the replacement one if you guys would like.

Edited by E MO TION
Tony
On 2/1/2021 at 7:03 AM, E MO TION said:

Heya

I've posted here few times about my vinyl jacket design for Chromatica and few weeks ago I sent it to a printing company.

Well.... It isn't what I expected but it looks cute and it's my first time printing something I designed so I guess it's ok. The text has red tones and the pictures doesn't look as good as they should (even though they were at 600 dpi), but it's better than having only a flimsy plastic sleeve (I'm looking at you Haus of Gaga :huntyga:). Now the only thing left is to print the stickers and shrink wrap it. I don't think I'll print designs again (certainly not from where I did because shipping was really expensive and the product isn't really top quality) but it was kinda fun to do it.

Also thank you to everyone who voted on the poll because the veins cover looks really good with the cover imo.

UPDATE: I've contacted the store and they will be sending me a new jacket and said that their art team went through my files to look what went wrong. Fingers crossed it will look better this time. 

image-67178497.png

image-67200001.png

Edit for those who don't wanna scroll to see what happened with the replacement: 

It looks really good! And I hope you find a solution for the problem 

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why. 
  • Love 1