💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm leaving this fanbase

Gagadonna

Featured Posts

Gagadonna

I finally said it. I really needed to get it off my chest. Please don't come and insult me. :(

It's been months (years?) since I've lost that flame with Gaga. For a long time, I've felt like I was "forcing" it in some way. But now, I just can't force it anymore. 

I originally fell in love with her for her personality, her passion, her art and her openness with fans. Though I understand why she took distance from her fanbase, I just can't accept what she has become : a money-making machine (= ALL that she has ALWAYS stood AGAINST in the past). Also, I don't see the passion anymore, nor the personality. All I see is a cold and distant woman that doesn't seem to care about music anymore nor her fanbase. 

Remember when she said she felt used at the time of the Fame perfume a couple of years ago ? Guess what : now, she's selling make-up (I'm okay with this), watches (why not?), perfumes (mmmh, that rings a bell...), biscuits (wtf?) and now legos (ok bye).

If she was still trying to infuse passion into her art, I wouldn't care at all. But it's like she gives no **** about her album. And God knows how sad it is considering how GOOD the album is (clearly my favourite one). Honestly, I don't feel like stanning an artist now, but a businesswoman instead. 

And don't come at me saying "2020 was a difficult time !". Yes, it was. For EVERYBODY. But just look at what miss Dua Lipa achieved during the pandemics 

- released an album  

- released bunches of singles and music videos (3 versions for "Levitating" !!!)

- released a REMIX album with guests like Madonna and Gwen Stefani

- released more remixes on streaming platforms 

- released collabs with Angèle, DaBaby, Miley and Kylie Minogue 

- did a whole virtual show for her album 

- is planning to release a B-side/sequel album 

And she's not the only one.

My point here is COVID-19 was no excuse (even less when you're part of the richest women right now), and at this point, I don't even wanna know the reason why she's been more active about politics than her own career. There must be plenty of valid reasons, but I care no longer. 

The thing is I have not even been part of the most demanding fans for the last year. I really didn't expect a lot considering how difficult the situation was. But I did expect at least some recognition towards her music. She could have just sang one or two songs live from home on the piano. Nothing too exhausting or too demanding.

... Or simply release the allegedly already-filmed music videos ... Or ask some artists to make some visuals for her songs just like Katy Perry did with her album (love the witchy aesthetics in "Cry About It Later"). I would have been genuinely happy with this. 

Don't mind me. I'm grateful for what we had. Rain on Me was awesome, and 911 music video outstanding and probably one of her best in a long time.

But... That's not enough anymore for me to remain a fan. And that is okay. :) 

I'm growing "older" and I just don't want to keep stanning an artist just because that's what I've been doing for the past 10 years. I want to evolve and I feel like being a fan is not part of my evolution as a human being. 

I'll keep loving her and wishing her all the best. 

Caution : I'm not posting this to "spread" negativity on this website. I think all opinions - at long as they remain respectful and constructive - should be welcome in here. Also, I hope this post will be received with respect and positivity, and not with toxicity. 

To conclude, I will ask @Admin or ANYONE ELSE to delete my account permanently. It is something users are still not capable of doing, and I think it is not okay considering you can delete your account on ANY website, social plateform or app. 

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones :heart:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or you can turn from stan to fan like me! dont axe Gaga out completely like that! I was a huge stan but over the years as I grew up and as Gaga began to become less interessting as an artist overall due to her not caring for the overall experience of creating a world / era I have dwindled from a hardcore "stan" to a casual / semi committed fan and it has been the best decision ever! now I enjoy her work more casually and when she doesn't deliver visuals, concepts, music videos, performances etc..it is less irritating and more so a "meh as expected" kind of moment. I feel ok with the lack of ambition and fire in her eras because I have dwindled my commitment to her and I think that is a healthier balance in general! just my little advice. of course I respek your choice and I wish you the best overall :hug: 

Regina George
Just now, Serial Chiller said:

Bye felicia. Close the door on your way out. 

No need to be rude when OP was nothing but respectful and even asked nicely for people not to be rude. 

I find it really tiring reading threads like these, everyone knows that when gaga was making this album she talked about how depressed she was and her mental health struggles, we don’t know how she’s doing now she could be feeling awful again and LMs just drag her for doing nothing. It’s horrible :/

It's understandable. Most people will come in here and tell you you're being a hater but it really is clear that there's a lack of personality in the 2020/21 Gaga, I just still have delusional faith because I've been in this journey way too long.

Gagadonna
1 minute ago, dit said:

or you can turn from stan to fan like me! dont axe Gaga out completely like that! I was a huge stan but over the years as I grew up and as Gaga began to become less interessting as an artist overall due to her not caring for the overall experience of creating a world / era I have dwindled from a hardcore "stan" to a casual / semi committed fan and it has been the best decision ever! now I enjoy her work and when she doesn't deliver visuals, concepts, music videos, performances etc..it is less irritating. I feel ok with the lack of ambition and fire in her artwork because I have dwindled my commitment to her and I think that is a healthier balance in general! just my little advice. of course I respek your choice and I wish you the best overall :hug: 

I could. Being a fan is what I've been for the last 2-3-4 years, actually. But as I said, I just can't anymore :) Being a fan is putting a lot of energy and thoughts into something, and now, I feel like this energy and thoughts should be put into something else. Thanks for your kind message :hug:

Gagadonna
Just now, Smithy said:

I find it really tiring reading threads like these, everyone knows that when gaga was making this album she talked about how depressed she was and her mental health struggles, we don’t know how she’s doing now she could be feeling awful again and LMs just drag her for doing nothing. It’s horrible :/

I understand it must feel tiring. I'm sorry, I wished I could have warned you before you read the post... Though I feel like the title said it all already. 

I know she's had some issues in her life, and that she has her reasons. But as I said, that's no reason for me to remain a fan. As stated in my post, I do wish her all the best. 

+ I'm not draggin her. I'm stating facts and expressing my disappointment. I'm still respectful ;) 

Serial Chiller
1 minute ago, Gagadonna said:

If @Admin allows me to leave :huntyga:

See the sign out button right there? or maybe even the (x) on your browser. Most people who get bored just leave. 

1 minute ago, Regina George said:

No need to be rude when OP was nothing but respectful and even asked nicely for people not to be rude. 

Lmao ok because whining about Gaga being a corporate slave and “aBanDoNnInG hEr aRt” 20 times a day is so loving and respectful. Miss me with that fake drama. 

Gagadonna
Just now, SlipAway said:

I heard KatyClowns are hiring :ohno:

How old are you ? Get your clownery out of my post. 

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

Lmao ok because whining about Gaga being a corporate slave and “aBanDoNnInG hEr aRt” 20 times a day is so loving and respectful. Miss me with that fake drama. 

Anything can be said respectfully, even that. Just because you hate seeing respectful or any kind of criticism towards Gaga doesn't mean OP was not respectful. Again, no need to be rude, you don't know how someone will take that. And even more so if they asked you not to do it.

• Dominic locked this topic

Archived