numb the flame
Just now, rasclautmangos said:

Gaga is selling perfume again?

she's the face of Voce Viva by Valentino

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark

I mean, okay? I disagree with a lot of what you said and the lego thing isn't even true, but hey we can all have our opinions.  Sometimes it's healthier to just be a casual fan...I'm a casual fan of a lot of artists.

Anyway, I wish you well.

Gagadonna
11 minutes ago, NewUsername said:

First of all, the LEGO thing was fanmade.

I feel sorry you feel that way, that's sad for you. Nevertheless, I feel like, even if some of us can be disappointed in how this era is going, a lot of us are being too hard on her.

Gaga has become more of a business woman than before, but when you think of it, she has almost always married those two. In se, pop music is also actually just that, with the difference with real artists like Gaga being that they don't make cookie cutter pop and are really talented and make art.

You mention Dua Lipa, but, as stated over and over, you can't compare where Dua is in her career with where Gaga is. Gaga is an established artist, whereas Dua is just on her sophomore album, she also needs all of this to stay relevant and to cement her name. Gaga will be fine, doing arguably "less" for once.
Our fav has also been working non stop for about 12 years now. Is it a bit sad that what can feel like more or less of a pause is in the middle of an era itself? Of course, but damn, she deserves to rest. + As she has stated over and over again, she's always working bts.

One of the most important things or maybe even the most important one of this era is that after all, we still got an amazing album of music, music Gaga stands by.

Also, a lot of fans choose to look away and be like "it's not what I wanted", but we DID get things (look at the promotion topic).

So no, personally, I wouldn't think of unstanning an artist, my favourite artist, that I have been loving for all these years, just because this last year has arguably been rougher (when still, as I said above, the music is great).

1) Lego : I didn't know. Still, that doesn't change changes my mind. But thanks for letting me know.

2) Don't be sorry, because it is not sad. It is life, as simply as that. Also, I made it clear I was not too demanding on her, I did expect from her, but not as much as many on this website. I just expected what a random fan could have. 

3) I respect your view on things, but it's not how I see things. And that's okay. 

4) I agree. I still enjoy and love Chromatica. But I don't have to be a fan to enjoy her music. And, while I'm content with still listening to her, I'm not with being part of the fanbade. 

5) And for the last paragraph, as you said, it is your opinion ("personally", "I wouldn't think", "I have been loving"). As much as I respect it, you must keep in mind that not everybody thinks/goes through the same as you. And respecting that fact is not trying to make people change their mind or show they that they are wrong. 

I stated my opinion, I explained it. You can feel like it's a pity, but please, don't try to make me think that what I do/say/think/feel is wrong. You can't. 

Mother of Puppies
4 minutes ago, OhHenny2020 said:

Instead of people coming in to try and share words of support for someone you obviously cared a lot about, you get all these people tearing your perspective down and being negative. You’re aloud to feel the way you do and I think you expressed it in a perfectly respectful manner. Sorry you should feel bad for expressing something that clearly means a lot to you, to people you would expect, to be there for you.

Nobody is tearing anyone down. We are all entitled to our opinion and by opening a thread you are willingly open to read other people's opinions.

I respect her/his opinion and I also understand that some people are kinda disappointed. I also wish there would be more Chromatica stuff, yes... But on the other hand I totally understand Gaga and her team for not doin' more... I think I would handle it the same tbh...

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

HookerOnAChurch
10 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

That is not something Dua Lipa achieved, it's something HER LABEL did. 

Finally someone who has understood how things work. 

littlepotter

Understandable, some of the things you said are not true but at the end of the day being in a fandom is an investment of your time and it's ok to choose not to make time for that anymore. I miss musicga too but I'm also here for filmga and excited to see her in the upcoming movies.

chaeri pls

Gagadonna
7 minutes ago, MillionReasons07 said:

You can still listen to her music and follow her on her social media to stay in touch. You don't have to post on forums or get into stan wars ect. You can be a fan without quitting her completely. I had the same phase with some of my faves and I learned to live in the moment and to not get crazy over lazieness or lack of promo. The music is that counts.

That is what I will do.

But I don't feel like I'll be a fan anymore. To me, being being a fan is much more than just say "I'm a fan". Like, I listen to many artists, follow them and love them, but I'm no fan. 

As you say, the music is what counts. 

OhHenny2020
1 minute ago, NickyPuppy said:

Nobody is tearing anyone down. We are all entitled to our opinion and by opening a thread you are willingly open to read other people's opinion.

I respect her/his opinion and I also understand that some people are kinda disappointed. I also wish there would be more Chromatica stuff, yes... But on the other hand I totally understand Gaga and her team for not doin' more... I think I would handle it the same tbh...

All I meant is people shouldn’t be so quick on the attack on other peoples opinion on someone like Gaga who clearly everyone does have a mutual affection for. People expressing disappointment are grieving a popstar from the past. And rightfully so, and respectfully so.

Gagadonna
8 minutes ago, Nathaniel Arven said:

this woman literarily contemplated suicide for years. Had multiple heartbreaks, and still stood with passion. It's not because she's in a phase where music seems like a side thing for us that she is not the one of the most exciting performers of the last decade. She is still and will always be Lady Gaga. A real musician, a game changing act, show stopping person and a kindness punk. Also, deep artists often have huge gaps in their career because art and industry are two opposite poles. 

For me it's just a phase in her artistic journey. And I respect and understand that deeply. As much as I think it's totally sane to step aside and contemplate your own path. We grew up, she did. It's just life. And it's beautiful. 

Yes, life has not been easy for her. I conceive that, respect that, and still love her. 

But that's not a reason to remain a fan when I know I'm not anymore. 

I'm growing up on my own path, and even if she may not be part of that path anymore, I wish her all the love, happiness and best she could find on her own. 

NFRatwell

I think Stefani is just tired of the Gaga persona, and part of me feels bad she probably felt forced to even do an era like this (commercial dance pop). I just wish she was more honest with us. I’d be totally fine if she wanted to keep the switch turned off as long as she still released music, but if she wants to just go down the road of random brand deals and movies then I wish her the best of luck. I’m not interested in stanning an actress or social media influencer, I’ve always loved her for her voice, music, and original art. 

Gagadonna
10 minutes ago, dit said:

dont undermine her. she's still the one that showed up and did the damn thing lol. please dont make this a Dua vs Gaga thing. I think OP just wanted to use her as a compare and contrast. Not the best idea but yeah...

Indeed, not the best idea. I forgot how aggressive some fans could become when showing respect/admiration for an artist other than their own fave. 

Wet Fire

I disagree with you on many things but you can do whatever makes you happier. :heart:

Plus, you can stream her music as a casual listener in future if you feel like you 'miss' her. But I don't think that Gaga you miss will ever come back. So, it's better to just move on from Gaga.

Actually, Gaga has lost a large number of little monsters over the years and also gained a large number. That's how fanbases work.

• Dominic locked this topic

Archived