💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What was your first impression of Shallow?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

CubbyGaga

I was confused as to why the vocals were different from the version we heard in the initial trailers and previews.  I was disappointed tbh.  But it grew on me HEAVILY.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

Thought it had a very powerful chorus and a weird structure 

When I heard it, it truly felt like it was going to be an epic classic.

I knew that because every time I've ever heard an epic classic song, it seems like there is something MISSING, like it leaves me wanting more to figure out what was missing... which makes me keep coming back to it.

I felt that way with Shallow so I decided immediately that it would be a hit :fatcat::applause:

ssslyboy

I have to be honest - I didn't like it very much :O. It came across as melodramatic to me at first.  But It grew on me and I started hearing it differently when I saw the movie, and then when it won Best Song

Reginald

I thought it was good, and a potential hit for those who like that type of music, buuuut

after five years of releases in musical genres that I'm not very enthusiastic about, :awkney: I felt more distant than ever from Gaga. Glad she had success :smh: but also glad that BalladGa /SoccerMomGa isn't a thing anymore 

HuffsAhoy

I was 50/50 about the song. I didn't hate it but I wasn't totally in love with it either. While I'm glad it was catapulted to worldwide success, I do think there are better songs on the album that deserved the spotlight more.  

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

littlepotter
14 hours ago, Pho said:

Can we download the trailer version anywhere? Are you talking about the bit where it’s acapella? Like just hits you: ‘tell me something girl’

Nope I'm talking about the vocals in the climax "I'm off the deep end". In the trailer version it's just so much more powerful. In the live version she doesn't even hit the "watch" on time with the beat

chaeri pls

March34th

i thought she ate up all the girlies but i knew the heterosexual community would attempt to ruin the song, and i was right to have that suspicion!

RAMROD

I enjoyed it and thought Gaga finally got her classic love song. I thought instantly "yeah, them haters and doubters better know she is staying for good now."

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Cello

I loved what I heard in the trailer but then I was disappointed when the song was released and it sounded a bit different. It grew on me a lot though and I must admit I absolutely didn't think it would end up being as successful as it was. 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

dimitristhe

I was shocked and amazed when the ASIB trailer came out. I was 100% sure this song would be hit, but never thought it could be soooo huge. 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

WannabeProducer

To be honest, at first it was „oh no please not another actor trying to sing and another singer trying to act“ but I was proven so wrong. The song and the movie are absolutely brilliant, their performance is amazing!

Archived