💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What was your first impression of Shallow?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I liked it but didn't love it at first. I thought it was supposed to be a little tease of another big single coming next but it's when you watch the movie that you understand how important Shallow is. Of course when I finished A Star Is Born I was like "Will they also push I'll Never Love Again ? Or Is That Alright ? But what about Always Remember Us This Way?" that soundtrack is so great that you can't just pick one favorite.

The song also came out the same day I Want Your Love did and I was a bigger fan of that Chic cover at that time but quickly switched places lol. It is also funny to see how this one was selling more than Shallow the first couple of days then to see the massive success it achieved months later.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig

I was underwhelmed tbh. I watched the trailer and loved the punch she gave in the vocals of the trailer version of Shallow. I was expecting that same hit in the single version, and I didn't expect it to be the live version from the movie. I was expecting a more polished studio version without crowds... 

Its not a bad song by any stretch of the imagination, and I was still taken away by Gaga's vocals... but I was just expecting more from it and became underwhelmed with the song. It went from amazing (trailer version) to cute imo... but it is what it is. 

I hope we hear the studio version one day, and even what the pop version would sound like

End Racism Now

So hyped with the ooooooohoooooohoooh

But first what hyped me was bradley snipets, that we werent sure they were same song. 

I was hooked with the melody 

gypsy101

hooked from the first time i heard the trailer

still sad / annoyed / upset they never released the studio version because her vocals on the trailer were much better than the live ones 

LuvitLevit

I knew it was special from the beginning. I was angry that so many people were quick to dismiss it and almost closed my account up here. First time I hear the chorus and first time I heard the song I knew it would at least be nominated to win the Oscar. I’m glad that it did as it deserved it. My father, who is not a Gaga fan, actually learned to play guitar because of it

Decodekid

When i saw the trailer i was just repeating it cause the high note was so good

Im Harol don't tell anyone

ShayCristoforo

Good song, not my style though. 
I def thought it would be popular but not as popular as it became. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

I didn't think it'd be country style... honestly I got it confused with Deep Blue, and I expected the latter, which sounds more pop in my mind.

DirrtyPony
2 hours ago, The Child said:

No, the GP wants dance bops from her 😭

The gheys want dance bops, not the GP :laughga:

Strung out for another taste

The Child
10 minutes ago, DirrtyPony said:

The gheys want dance bops, not the GP :laughga:

I swear to god that when she released applause in 2013 so many people in HS asked me why can’t she go back to The Fame days with dance bops

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

I didn't like it. I don't enjoy songs of that nature, no matter who is singing it. Gaga can sing it though, she proves her talent there.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Big Reputation

I really really didn’t like it

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

Archived