💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What was your first impression of Shallow?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

Putang Ina Mo

I find it boring at first and I didn't expect it to be extremely successful. But damn, I was really wrong.

my username says it all 🇵🇭

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LateToCult

I was disappointed at first. I was expecting something else because of the trailer. It grew on me after a while.

Quartz
23 minutes ago, The Child said:

The way you were so wrong :laughga:

I'm glad I was so wrong!

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

HermioneT

I was in the car on my way home from a workout class, when it was played on the radio. I wasn't following Gaga closely at that time and had read of ASIB, but not heard Shallow before or seen the trailer. Alone when hearing  the open line " Tell me something girl, are you happy in this modern world?" I was shocked and hooked. I started crying and I thought it was the most beautiful and touching song I've heard for a long time. Also, I loved her vocals and the AHAhhhaahha-part.

She / hers

littlepotter

I was floored when I heard it in the trailer. I was very disappointed when I heard the live version they released. I still am salty about the studio version not being released and this will keep me from fully appreciating Shallow forever

chaeri pls

I thought the song structure was odd, Gaga-fied, and worried that it was the movie's anthem. I also felt that it was too short. 

The Child

I thought it was so much better than anything on Joanne and I could totally see it being successful but I never saw it being more successful than Bad Romance.

PS: Many of you didn’t think it was going to be successful and then you want to be little managers by wanting replay as a single. You guys just don’t know what the GP wants. :laughga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

yes and
1 hour ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I wasn't impressed and didn't think it would be remotely this succesful. But the song grew on me.

I thought the same way. A basic song which would be hardly remembered by anyone, and now this song, at some point, is much bigger than all her previous hits :bradley:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Oriane

I loved the bridge heard in the trailer of course, I couldn't wait to hear the whole song. When the song was released, I liked it and it grew even more on me afterwards. It was obvious to me from the trailer that this song would get popular when the movie was out, it's that kind of typical movie soundtrack that becomes iconic because people play it out of nostalgia of the movie.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Mother of Puppies

To me it sounded like an old classic immediately

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

ballerios
3 hours ago, Quartz said:

I liked the bridge but I thought it will not chart at all. I was rooting for INLA as the one they'll push. Still surprises me to this day the success this song has

THIS :)

PartySick
3 hours ago, Quartz said:

I liked the bridge but I thought it will not chart at all. I was rooting for INLA as the one they'll push. Still surprises me to this day the success this song has

All of this :spin:

But between Gaga and Bradley's chemistry, Bradley's shocking reveal that he's not a bad singer, and Gaga's "AHHHHHH AHHAHHHHAHHHHH AHHH AHAHHAHH AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

If hits were storms, Shallow is a category 5 hurricane :diane:

🖤

PartySick
1 hour ago, The Child said:

I thought it was so much better than anything on Joanne and I could totally see it being successful but I never saw it being more successful than Bad Romance.

PS: Many of you didn’t think it was going to be successful and then you want to be little managers by wanting replay as a single. You guys just don’t know what the GP wants. :laughga:

I think the GP would want Gaga to move in an Adele direction and away from a Katy Perry direction.

But I'm neither a little manager nor do I really care about charts :diane: #MusicNotTheBling :diane:

🖤

Archived