Sign in to follow this  
politics

Georgia GOP lawmaker introduces bill requiring 2 copies of ID 2 vote absent

BUtterfield 8

voting_md_absentee_102020getty_lead.jpg?

A Georgia Republican is introducing a bill requiring voters to send copies of their photo ID to election officials two times before being permitted to cast an absentee ballot.

The legislation would also implement a photo ID requirement for voters sending in absentee ballots from outside the state, requiring them to submit proof of identification when applying for the ballot and when returning it. 

Acceptable forms of ID would include a photocopy of the voter’s driver’s license, voter ID card, U.S. passport, government employee ID, military ID card or tribal identification card.

The bill marks the opening salvo of what is expected to be a robust effort by Georgia Republicans to limit absentee voting after President Biden won the state over former President Trump and Democrats swept the Peach State’s two Senate seats in a pair of January runoffs. 

While GOP allegations of voter fraud and irregularities have failed to stand up to scrutiny, Republican officials still tout the need to rein in absentee voting after its use was widespread in November and January during the coronavirus pandemic, particularly among Democrats.

Source

• Sad 1

FATCAT

And all of this because they hate democracy. You know, I find it so funny when Republicans try to pin Biden or Kamala as the "real" racists. If they're more racist than Trump, then why aren't you voting for them? :huntyga:

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 5

TimisaMonster

Ok...it still won't change what happened...Trump lost...get over it....thisnis beyond pathetic at this point... :smh:

Stream my new single🔹️"Sapphire Phoenix"🔹️on Spotify!
  • Like 1

SlipAway

What is actually the point? You ain’t AZ

It’s always the south doe 😍😍

SlipAway

Georgia being blue in ‘20 is probably the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen

• Love 2

PartySick

"The Democrats are cheaters!!!!" says the cheaters :huntyga:

💙I heard one sine from above💙
  • Thanks 1

E Z

This is why democrats have to forget what republicans think or want. Democratic voters voted you in to do a job, not water it down for maniacs like that guy. The Republican Party is literally filled with lunatics. 

• Like 2

TheFame Monster

This makes sense

if there was proof of widespread voter fraud:huntyga:

JusKeepBreathin

The despairation. wonder years despair GIF

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
2 hours ago, E Z said:

This is why democrats have to forget what republicans think or want. Democratic voters voted you in to do a job, not water it down for maniacs like that guy. The Republican Party is literally filled with lunatics. 

Biden isn't exactly compromising what he promised. Everyday I'm like, so what EO did he sign today?:queenga:

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 1

AJRocketMan
4 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Biden isn't exactly compromising what he promised. Everyday I'm like, so what EO did he sign today?:queenga:

Which is good! SO FAR he seems to be more aggressive than Obama ever was.

• Thanks 1

bionic
11 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

Which is good! SO FAR he seems to be more aggressive than Obama ever was.

Obama basically become a cuck to the Republicans in the name of "moving on" and "healing". I still have my doubts about Biden long term but he seems to be standing his ground a bit more and that is a reflection of the fact that he is a seasoned politician. Obama went from newbie politician to president in 10 years.

buy bionic

AJRocketMan
1 hour ago, bionic said:

Obama basically become a cuck to the Republicans in the name of "moving on" and "healing". I still have my doubts about Biden long term but he seems to be standing his ground a bit more and that is a reflection of the fact that he is a seasoned politician. Obama went from newbie politician to president in 10 years.

Yeah, I have my doubts about Biden as well, but hopefully he doesn’t stand back like Obama did. We need to be on his ass much more than people did with Obama. 

Democrat voters were lazy and complacent in the 2010’s and as a result they let Obama get away with being a spineless cuck and they didn’t vote in the midterms either which resulted in the Democrats losing Congress to the Republicans.

Democrats are at their most successful when they play hardball. Look at Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Lyndon B. Johnson.

• Like 2

Chromatican

Republicans are becoming more and more unpopular and haven't won the popular vote since the 2004 election. Even the electoral college isn't giving them the results they want so they must pull out the stops and make voting harder and more unrepresentative of the average American voter. Trump is the first one-term Republican president not to precede or follow another Republican president in 120 years, we are definitely trending towards becoming more liberal.