💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why TEOG is so special to you?

Reject False Icons

Featured Posts

Reject False Icons

I know the story of the song from Gaga's interviews, and I'm feeling the true meaning of that song because of similar ****ed up situations.

I want to find comfort in your stories and feel a bit more hopeful, since many people love this song for many similar reasons

HotLikeMexico

The reason why I love the song is because my mother has said it's her favorite Gaga song. She's a casual listener but because of me she knows all about Gaga.

I explained to her what the song was about eventually. I bought tickets to the Joanne Tour and ask my mom if she wanted to come with me and she was excited. We ended up winning an upgrade for front row tickets. With the upgrade, we sat by Gaga's piano during those segments. Anyways my grandmother was in the hospital dying around the same time. When Gaga sang the edge of glory on her piano, I saw my mom crying while mouthing the lyrics. I asked if she was okay and she said she was but there was something comforting about hearing what she described as her angelic voice singing the lyrics she said is was a sad but at the same time a beautiful moment.

My grandmother eventually passed away a few weeks later but The Edge of Glory has somewhat become a happy song instead of sadness for my mother and I, and we always think of my grandmother.

I know people like to bash the Joanne era but something about it impacted me. I was going through a weird point of sadness during that time in my life and I related to the emotion of the album. Heartbreak, Death, Family, Friends, Healing. Just Another Day also represents finally healing and moving on from alot of that stuff for me and I'm in a much happier and better place

Reality

It's absolutely one of my favorite Gaga songs, ever. I love everything about the song :heart: 

I also played it for my piano recital when I was younger :sweat: 

🃏🖤👹

TSUNAMI
3 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

The reason why I love the song is because my mother has said it's her favorite Gaga song. She's a casual listener but because of me she knows all about Gaga.

I explained to her what the song was about eventually. I bought tickets to the Joanne Tour and ask my mom if she wanted to come with me and she was excited. We ended up winning an upgrade for front row tickets. With the upgrade, we sat by Gaga's piano during those segments. Anyways my grandmother was in the hospital dying around the same time. When Gaga sang the edge of glory on her piano, I saw my mom crying while mouthing the lyrics. I asked if she was okay and she's like as said she was but there was something comforting about hearing what she described as her angelic voice singing the lyrics she said is was a sad but at the same time a beautiful moment.

My grandmother eventually passed away a few weeks later but The Edge of Glory has somewhat become a happy song instead of sadness for my mother and I.

This is such a beautiful story. 

I never made a connection to the TEOG in that way guys :( 

For me it's a song that makes me wanna hope. To run to the love, to something beautiful. I don't see it as a sad song at all :( 

homomo

Back when I was in secondary school, I competed in Track & Field events and ran Cross Country.

TEOG was my warm up/motivation song. Played it every time before a race.

It's hard to explain, but TEOG is just such a special song to me. I think it's because Gaga made the song when she had finally made it and didn't have to prove her self anymore.

Also, I love that it's the last song on the record and how it transitions from more darker/serious lyrics into a more care free vibe and message!

ShayCristoforo

BTW era is entirely special to me. I came out of the closet, and a month later she released Born This Way (single).

When I heard TEOG I thought it was one of the most wonderful songs I've ever heard. I still do :)  
It actually started my songwriting. 

I recall it being a promo single to hype us. Is that right? 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Jewels n Drugs

It was just such a beautiful time as a stan :air:

Gaga was so happy and ambitious and they way she fed us :air: the whole era was amazing

also its just a bop 

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

holy scheisse
8 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

I recall it being a promo single to hype us. Is that right? 

Yes! And it performed so well that it was released as the third single quickly as judas was tanking commercially, iirc?

Archived