💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Born To Die turns 9 years old

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

214-lana-del-rey-born-to-die-deluxejpg.j

Lana's Del Rey's official debut album turns 9 years old today! As a trip hop and alternative pop record, the album is considered a classic and one of the albums that spent the most weeks on the Billboard Album Chart.

It spanned several singles and fan-favorites such as Video Games, the title track, Blue Jeans and National Anthem

Album photoshoot:

20130224-023504-pm.jpgDhIVDoDW4AAnmpW.jpgLana+Del+Rey+classic+car+outfits.jpg

What are your favorite songs on the album and what is your general opinion on it?

Shawniqua Mendes

I think it's her 2nd best album after Ultraviolence. 

Wolałabym być sucha, ale przynajmniej jestem mokra. Szczaj na mnie, szczaj, szczaj, szczaj na mnie, szczaj, szczaj

Sneaky Oliver

Born To Die is iconic, a classic! There is something strange about my relantionship with Lana though. Her albums keep topping each other every era. I think BTW is like an introduction and overall LDR-vibe-in-a-nutshell while her other albums are like inner layers, closer to her core and true vision.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Mirrion Rizzons

Fun Fact: this album gave lana 3 UK Top 10 singles :staymad:

#9 video games & born to die 

#4 Summertime Sadness (Remix)

Xoxo Adriana
1 hour ago, Stupid Oreo said:

Never listened tbh:green:

go listen now then

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBNDgop-RZ6qNEPTRBI2P

Thomas P

I think this is my third favourite behind NFR and Ultraviolence, but if I were going to point a newcomer to Lana, I would tell them to listen to Born To Die, because it is without a doubt the most quintessential Lana album

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

imnotyourbabe10

Still my favorite LDR record. Most of her albums are pretty good but I just keep returning to many songs on BTD: BTD, Blue Jeans, Diet Mtn Dew, National Anthem, Dark Paradise, Radio. The lyrics and pop melancholy vibes are lovely. 

Also, I think fondly of the BTD/Paradise era with this video  :diane:

EDIT: I do sometimes think her aesthetic is questionable. The Americana vibes are neat but I can never tell if she’s parodying it or romanticizing it 

Anderson123

I tried to get into Lana's music ever since this album dropped and honestly I never liked it except for Summertime Sadness and maybe Diet Mtn Dew. I still think NFR is her best with Lust For Life as my second favorite.

LaLuna

It took me SO long to actually start liking Lana's music. When she first came out everyone was obsessed with her and I didn't get it, I thought she was boring.

Then one day I was listening to some playlist and Summertime Sadness came on. I fell in love so hard with that song, I had to listen to the rest of the album. It's just so good, and my favorite of hers to this day. And "My p*ssy tastes like Pepsi-Cola" is still one of my favorite lyrics of all time :ladyhaha:

Perfume
58 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Still my favorite LDR record. Most of her albums are pretty good but I just keep returning to many songs on BTD: BTD, Blue Jeans, Diet Mtn Dew, National Anthem, Dark Paradise, Radio. The lyrics and pop melancholy vibes are lovely. 

Also, I think fondly of the BTD/Paradise era with this video  :diane:

EDIT: I do sometimes think her aesthetic is questionable. The Americana vibes are neat but I can never tell if she’s parodying it or romanticizing it 

Back then she was romanticizing it, but ever since Paradise era has finished, she hasn't really done that again. She has some songs that mention America since then but it's not glamorization anymore. The song that would most closely be that would be the one-off NFR era single, Looking For America, which talked about wishing America was "back to how it was" (meaning she wishes it was a safe place again for kids and adults alike) but while that song is beautiful and one of my faves melodically from her, it was really tone deaf in its application. 

an angel held me like a child

Archived