💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
audio

Free Woman (Remastered Demo)

Jay.P

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Jay.P said:

I love that line too, didn't include it for the reason you stated

And also, I live for how you added the "and" in the middle of the chorus :diane: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

YES. You took out the dance break :bradley:

Imho, aside from the clave sound when she sings the "I say that I want it want it" bit, my favorite part about the demo is that it just cuts out, she says "BE. FREE." then it's right into the 2nd verse.

That is a good remark. I agree that it should still cut out, so I re-edited it. Here's the updated one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cPwrs7_O-npH7FBarhGmpMcgXloM0zKo/view?usp=sharing

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Original Diva
4 hours ago, Jay.P said:

I would have used the demo acapella as well, but it sounds LQ, metallic and just not recorded well enough to be remastered :( 

I totally understand that. If only we had it in higher quality, huh?

excuse me no

pussycat

Omg I love that so MUCH. I've never listened to Free Woman on repeat until this version. Such a good job!!!! Thank you 

youandi

LOVE this (the youtube one as the downloadable one seems proper different from the Youtube , having synths from the album version at the start) but it really is fantastic. Like other's have said it's such a shame there's not an easy way to include the 'electric devotion' line. I always wonder whether that line could be put in but be with a synthy or choppy sound effect/filter over it so the change in quality wasn't so apparent and that it sounds deliberately different but I'm not smart enough to know how to do it myself 

PopMusicForever
6 hours ago, Jay.P said:

Sometimes the mastering on the album versions is so loud and compressed and doesn't let the details that they work so hard on in the production shine. Perfect Illusion and Diamond Heart for example have amazing production, but are mastered on the album in a way that you don't hear the different layers anymore.

That’s what I think when I listen to Perfect Illusion, those layers are heavenly but nowhere to be found when you listen the whole song  

59 minutes ago, youandi said:

LOVE this (the youtube one as the downloadable one seems proper different from the Youtube , having synths from the album version at the start) but it really is fantastic. Like other's have said it's such a shame there's not an easy way to include the 'electric devotion' line. I always wonder whether that line could be put in but be with a synthy or choppy sound effect/filter over it so the change in quality wasn't so apparent and that it sounds deliberately different but I'm not smart enough to know how to do it myself 

Maybe I could play with it and try doing something like that, I really like that line from the demo.

9 minutes ago, PopMusicForever said:

That’s what I think when I listen to Perfect Illusion, those layers are heavenly but nowhere to be found when you listen the whole song  

Exactly. The song is so compressed and loud and you miss all the details. I wonder why she chooses to crush that beautiful production, and we saw in 5ft 2 that she's present during mastering.

F*ck the Babylon HL demo... this is maybe the only Gaga demo that I believe is fully superior to the final version. 
like when that pre-chorus hits... her MIND 

20 hours ago, Negev said:

You did the song justice. It's great. :heart:

Thanks, i'm happy to hear that :kiss:

• 1 month later...

Archived