Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

ContraPoints - J.K. Rowling

Vision of Love

Featured Posts

Vision of Love

A lovely feature length film about J.K Rowling and her controversial thoughts about trans people.

What did y'all think? Another incredible contra video :heart: (also idk if this is the wrong tag for this sorry if it is xox <3)

Vision of Love
24 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

I was just going to watch this after I finish my assignment. How is it? 

it is amazing! it's a great analysis of bigotry and transphobia and the aesthetic is perfect. PLUS it features a voice over from queen Derrick Barry :vegas:

Born This Way

I really liked it. I was really spoiled when she used to make a video every month and now there was a 4 month wait but it was worth it 

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

hieronymus
6 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Oh hell no,

Not yall acting like she's not transphobic

Wtf...

What what

Chromatican

I stan. This pretty much shuts down the idea that JK isn’t transphobic, and details what modern bigotry looks like really well. 

youandi
5 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

She's talking about trans people more than trans people

Making tweets, even essays

Questioning their identity, spreading miss information and saying ignorant stuff, like it's her cis ass business

This video is of a transwoman exploring and critiquing the horrible stuff JK Rowling has been saying 

Serial Chiller
1 hour ago, kukuryku666 said:

Oh hell no,

Not yall acting like she's not transphobic

Wtf...

ehm the video in the op is someone’s critique of rowling. 

what? 

Meruk Holland

It was really good. I really respect that Natalie is able to sympathetic of Rowling because of the "cancel culture" but that it, in no way, stops her from being critical of what Rowling is saying and how she's saying it. 

My favorite part was Natalie addressing how Rowling justifies her views based on trauma she experienced, and that it doesn't excuse the bigotry, merely explains it. 

littlepotter
2 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

She's talking about trans people more than trans people

Making tweets, even essays

Questioning their identity, spreading miss information and saying ignorant stuff, like it's her cis ass business

:smh:

40 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said:

It was really good. I really respect that Natalie is able to sympathetic of Rowling because of the "cancel culture" but that it, in no way, stops her from being critical of what Rowling is saying and how she's saying it. 

My favorite part was Natalie addressing how Rowling justifies her views based on trauma she experienced, and that it doesn't excuse the bigotry, merely explains it. 

I really admire this woman so much, she is very intelligent. The thing I dislike about "cancel culture" is not that the canceling isn't valid, it's that it's done in the most performative, dishonest, self-serving way, and takes away from the core issue. It becomes a contest of who can get the most likes for throwing insults at someone. It gives the wrongdoers ammunition to be able to say "I'm being sent death threats" or whatever, and makes the issue a debate with right or wrong sides, whereas a factual putdown like Natalie did leaves Rowling with no choice but to admit she's wrong or admit she's a bigot and wants to hold on to her views, without being able to hide behind "I'm being bullied and threatened."

chaeri pls

Another brilliant video from Natalie, one of the most level-headed analysis of this situation I've seen (and I've seen too many to count at this point incl. Blaire White). The way Natalie contextualised the intensity of 'cancel culture' as unheard, marginalised trans people begging for equal rights, while also condemning the loud violent minority is so on point.

TRANS LIBERATION NOW.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Archived