💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why since the 90s/2000s, there isnt an artist/band that can DANCE + SING?!

noa234

Featured Posts

OriginalMonster

I think Tate McRae has a lot of potential in this area. She has a really current sound but also a strong dance background (contemporary and ballet). It's definitely different than the 90s/2000s popstars, but merges the idea with modern trends. I really like what she's been doing lately, and I think it's a lot like what Billie Eilish might be doing if she hadn't injured herself and had to stop dancing. 

Music Video

Live Performances

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

I think those were the standards of pop music around that time. After Madonna, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, etc. came along and were dancing and singing and everything, recording labels wanted to create more of that. Now with Auto-tune it was possible to do all of that even if you didn't have an incredible voice. That's why Britney, Backstreet Boys, NSync and maybe the Spice Girls (with the exception of a couple of members) were created, just so they could become these sensation and put on a great performance show, which most of them ended up lipsynching anyways.

And that's just a couple of the big groups that became icons of that generation, there were a bunch of other popstars who could "sing" and dance but were probably one hit wonders or didn't have that much of an impact.

14 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

I think those were the standards of pop music around that time. After Madonna, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, etc. came along and were dancing and singing and everything, recording labels wanted to create more of that. Now with Auto-tune it was possible to do all of that even if you didn't have an incredible voice. That's why Britney, Backstreet Boys, NSync and maybe the Spice Girls (with the exception of a couple of members) were created, just so they could become these sensation and put on a great performance show, which most of them ended up lipsynching anyways.

And that's just a couple of the big groups that became icons of that generation, there were a bunch of other popstars who could "sing" and dance but were probably one hit wonders or didn't have that much of an impact.

Agreed

Well to be fair Britney, the Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, and JLo were not very good singers, so I’m not sure why you listed them?

The last person that could do both exceptionally was Beyonce.

Archived