Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Elliot Page Files for Divorce From Wife, Emma Portner

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Bonkers
6 minutes ago, Jill said:

This has nothing to do with it. Would you make a gay person stay married with his partner if she comes out as a trans woman? That would be torture.

You'll never have to worry about that with your man.  Ugh You & I Deleware remix is amazing.

Biden-Drag-Race-1.jpg

:bradley: I know this was wrong to post.  

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Just now, Bonkers said:

You'll never have to worry about that with your man.  Ugh You & I Deleware remix is amazing.

Biden-Drag-Race-1.jpg

:bradley: I know this was wrong to post.  

Diamond Joe :air: a national hero

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Franch Toast

I don't think it's fair to jump to conclusions about why their marriage isn't working or to automatically assume that Emma isn't being supportive. Just as we should be supportive of Elliot's coming out, I also think we should be supportive of Emma. 

I have a friend who's a transgender woman who used to be married to another woman. My friend's wife was extremely supportive when she came out and supported her throughout her multiple gender confirmation surgeries, even though the wife had always identified as heterosexual and now suddenly found herself in a lesbian relationship. At some point after my friend fully transitioned, they did end their marriage, for reasons to which I'm not privy, but they've remained close friends. My friend is now married to a man, and her ex-wife likewise is in a serious relationship with a man. They remain close like sisters, but they both appear much happier in their current relationships. 

She/Her/Hers

Cameltoe Chariot

Sometimes marriages don't work out, not sure why some of us are assuming this has something to do with Elliot's transition. Elliot's trans identity was probably openly discussed in his inner circle for some time before the public announcement - Emma probably knew about this for a lot longer than us.

9 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I don't think it's fair to jump to conclusions about why their marriage isn't working or to automatically assume that Emma isn't being supportive. Just as we should be supportive of Elliot's coming out, I also think we should be supportive of Emma. 

I have a friend who's a transgender woman who used to be married to another woman. My friend's wife was extremely supportive when she came out and supported her throughout her multiple gender confirmation surgeries, even though the wife had always identified as heterosexual and now suddenly found herself in a lesbian relationship. At some point after my friend fully transitioned, they did end their marriage, for reasons to which I'm not privy, but they've remained close friends. My friend is now married to a man, and her ex-wife likewise is in a serious relationship with a man. They remain close like sisters, but they both appear much happier in their current relationships. 

Thank you.

And even the language of "maybe she didn't support the transition" is so wrong. Emma could have 100% been behind the move, and we've no reason to believe that the divorce means she doesn't support Elliot's decision to live as he is.

Agunimon

Well his wife is a lesbian and now he is male. So... let's not throw around that Emma is "not accepting" 

StrawberryBlond

Many relationships don't survive when transitions happen, so this wasn't surprising. I'm just surprised it was so soon after the initial announcement, but then, maybe this was all dealt with in private some time ago and it's just all being put out in public now. We don't know who wanted to end things or if it was a mutual decision or if they tried to make it work at first but couldn't. But we really shouldn't assume this means Emma wasn't supportive. Not everyone can adapt to a spouse who's transitioning, for obvious reasons. We'd like to imagine that love will cover all those issues but not always. Some people can do it, others can't and we shouldn't shame those who can't. Nor should we assume that it was them that even wanted to end things. Sometimes, the one who had to come out knows that their partner didn't sign up for this and needs someone who will fit who they want, so is taking the "if you love them, let them go" approach. I just hope they haven't ended things on a bitter note, can still be amicable and remain friends at least.

gypsy101
2 hours ago, Bonkers said:

It's a COMMON thing.  Read my second post in this thread.  I was explained this by a few trans men including a well known activist.

huh. i’ve... never heard of that. sounds very odd.

nathantj594

I lost a boyfriend who was at the very early stages of transitioning. She is beautiful now, but I’m not straight. 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

FrederickSpears
5 hours ago, LaLuna said:

Yeah, something tells me his wife was maybe not that supportive of his transition. That's really sad. Hope he'll find someone else who'll accept him just the way he is.

Just because his wife may be gay and was attracted to a woman, does not mean she is not supportive. She can be supportive and also not want to be married to a man or even attracted to men. She married a woman so that is going to be hard unless she is pan or bi or whatever.

FrederickSpears

Wish them both the best. I'm sure the transition may have been hard for them both and the marriage since they were two women when they got married and the wife may not have been into men. Love Elliott though. He's a great actor/person.

Archived