Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Elliot Page Files for Divorce From Wife, Emma Portner

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

elliotpage_emmaportner_750x422_r3-710x39

Elliot Page has filed for divorce after just 3 years of marriage.

Emma, a dancer and choreographer who teaches at the Broadway Dance Center in NYC, was also featured in Justin Bieber’s “PURPOSE: The Movement” music videos and tour performances.

Source

Bonkers

I wonder if it has anything to do with his decision to transition.  Could be his partner didn't want to be married to a man, or in a lot of case the transition changes the trans man's dominant sexuality to be attracted to men.  

It's interesting to learn, but I imagine it's not fun for them to be the first examples as the world adjusts to accepting trans people.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Robo Ga

Omg this really shook me for some reason... divorce is such a traumatic thing I can’t imagine going through that during a pandemic 

🤖⚡️

StarstruckIllusion

Elliot is going through a lot right now, I hope he’s okay, altho a divorce is usually never just a small thing. This is so sad 

Ooooops. She sounded really supportive  at the announcement. Maybe it was too much. I mean you sign up to be married to a woman.. People can't be mad at you if you don't want to be married to a man. 

Chromatican

I’m guessing this has to do with Elliot’s transition. Just a few years ago Elliot was identifying as a lesbian, I’m sure transitioning has unveiled certain truths to him and his wife. Maybe Emma realizes that being married to a transman wasn’t what she signed up for. Either way, I hope he is doing well. Coming out (again) and receiving backlash from the typical right wing chuds as well as lesbians mourning Elliot as a “lost lesbian sister” must’ve been incredibly tough. Not to mention this is Elliot’s second coming out, he came out as gay in 2014 and received a ton of backlash then too. 

LaLuna

Yeah, something tells me his wife was maybe not that supportive of his transition. That's really sad. Hope he'll find someone else who'll accept him just the way he is.

TimisaMonster

The decision to transition is most likely the cause and reason for the divorce which I'm not surprised about. That's a lot for ANYONE to process especially when that person is your romantic partner...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Bonkers
11 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

Yeah, something tells me his wife was maybe not that supportive of his transition. That's really sad. Hope he'll find someone else who'll accept him just the way he is.

That makes sense, but I would suggest that just because you don't want to be married to someone doesn't mean that you don't support them.  

I've met a few trans men, and what they explained to me is that it's very common for trans men to suddenly have a strong preference for men after transitioning, though they prefered women pre-transition.

The explanation I got was a theory, but I've heard it from a few and it goes like this:

These people were *always* bisexual but the hormones required for the transition sort of 'wake up' a sexual desire for men that is so strong it overwhelms the desire for women and the person effectively feels like a gay man.   

It sounds like I'm being ignorant, and I'm sure i'm not explaining it eloquently, but that's the gist of what I've been told.  

My point being, it might be Elliot who wanted the marriage to end.  

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

SevenWonder

I don't think it's fair to say the wife "isn't supportive" of Elliott. She seems very, very supportive. But that doesn't mean Elliott, as a man, can give her what she, as a lesbian, needs or even wants. And that's just as okay as Elliott's transition. No one is doing anything maliciously here on either end.

In the end, with change, comes, well, change. Even unintended changes. 

31 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

The decision to transition is most likely the cause and reason for the divorce which I'm not surprised about. That's a lot for ANYONE to process especially when that person is your romantic partner...

Yes. And if a big part of Emma's identity is being a lesbian then this has a huge knock on effect for her, one that she wasn't prepared for when she got married. People can say that gender isn't important or doesn't exist but not everybody feels that way. Hopefully both are OK. It may just be another covid casualty. It's tough on relationships. It's why I'm so glad to see Michael and Gaga are getting through it OK. 

gypsy101
1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

...in a lot of case the transition changes the trans man's dominant sexuality to be attracted to men.

uhh what? that’s a thing??

Bonkers
Just now, gypsy101 said:

uhh what? that’s a thing??

It's a COMMON thing.  Read my second post in this thread.  I was explained this by a few trans men including a well known activist.

54 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

This has nothing to do with it. Would you make a gay person stay married with his partner if she comes out as a trans woman? That would be torture.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Sarah H

Not surprising and completely understandable. I hope neither of them get hassle for this. But I see people judging already. 

Archived