Sign in to follow this  
society

UK surpasses 100,000 deaths due to Covid-19

xoxo Craig

"More than 100,000 people in the UK have died after catching coronavirus, as the toll of a second wave sweeping across the country continues to be felt.

The official government figures were released after the Office for National Statistics - which uses a different counting method - this morning said the number had passed 100,000.

On 11 November 2020, the UK had recorded 50,000 deaths with COVID-19.

It has taken just 76 days for that figure to double."

Source:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-over-100000-coronavirus-related-deaths-recorded-in-uk-12199197

Such a grim milestone 

End Racism Now
  • Sad 11

Wind Fly

That's a really horrible thing,. I'm praying for everyone. A hard time for humanity. 

Gabe

Wow I really didnt realize the UK was this bad. 

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Wow I really didnt realize the UK was this bad. 

Oh yes... the UK's handling of this pandemic has been absolutely abysmal to say the least

End Racism Now
  • Thanks 2

Mirrion Rizzons

certified silver 

jokes aside, the government have done an appalling job and so many of these deaths could have easily been avoided. The Tier system and November lockdown was a joke and no one took it seriously (admittedly, I did not take it very seriously either) 

In lockdown 3.0, the gov need to realise that something isn't working right if the situation isn't improving, despite these restrictions. It's become so repetitive. T H E  C U R R E N T  P L A N  I S N ' T  W O R K I N G:applause:

we need to take notes from Aussie :ohno:

Hopefully, the vaccine roll out will be smooth

condolences for everyone who has lost a loved one due to the pandemic :heart:

FATCAT

Damn, per capita that's even worse than the US numbers and we've handled it abysmally. Praying for new leadership in the UK that might be able to change things.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Sine From Above

People are gonna slate me for this, but shame on the government for how they've handled the situation. It is nearly a year on and nothing has changed, weeks after the pandemic and lockdown restrictions had lifted they were encouraged to eat out in restaurants for 50% off and even members of the government were continually caught breaking lockdown rules.

Hard to be positive about anything atm, doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Flying like a 1000 Doves
  • Like 3

Pickle Boy

Do not get me wrong, there have been many failings on the governments part but it's been mostly the public who don't care.

I've been lucky enough to work since everything opened up in May and since then I've seen constant and consistent failings by the general public to adhere to the rules, and I guarantee those people would blame the failings on the government too. It's the easy thing to do.

Pickle farmin'

thatfoxyfeeling
7 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

certified silver 

jokes aside, the government have done an appalling job and so many of these deaths could have easily been avoided. The Tier system and November lockdown was a joke and no one took it seriously (admittedly, I did not take it very seriously either) 

In lockdown 3.0, the gov need to realise that something isn't working right if the situation isn't improving, despite these restrictions. It's become so repetitive. T H E  C U R R E N T  P L A N  I S N ' T  W O R K I N G:applause:

we need to take notes from Aussie :ohno:

Hopefully, the vaccine roll out will be smooth

condolences for everyone who has lost a loved one due to the pandemic :heart:

I live in Australia and while obviously we've handled the pandemic better what everyone seems to not realise is the difference in population density, climate and overall population etc. The biggest issue with the UK is the fact people were still going overseas on holiday and borders were open for tourists, borders should've been closed 6 months ago. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

xoxo Craig
Just now, Pickle Boy said:

Do not get me wrong, there have been many failings on the governments part but it's been mostly the public who don't care.

I've been lucky enough to work since everything opened up in May and since then I've seen constant and consistent failings by the general public to adhere to the rules, and I guarantee those people would blame the failings on the government too. It's the easy thing to do.

But if the government were stricter, then these people wouldn't have had the chance to do what they want. 

Its a mixture of both the Government and the public, but its the Government's job to lead people and they haven't done that

End Racism Now
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

I live in Australia and while obviously we've handled the pandemic better what everyone seems to not realise is the difference in population density, climate and overall population etc. The biggest issue with the UK is the fact people were still going overseas on holiday and borders were open for tourists, borders should've been closed 6 months ago. 

Our borders should have been closed way back when... even the internal borders like between Scotland and England, and Wales and England 

End Racism Now

thatfoxyfeeling
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Our borders should have been closed way back when... even the internal borders like between Scotland and England, and Wales and England 

Yeah it baffles me why they weren't, Australia has been really strict anyone that lands in Australia is placed in quarantine for 2 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

Miss Dolly

Well done to our amazing Prime Minister. You are doing well! 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train

LastNight

This is a disgrace and a tragedy. The Government has failed us so badly, so many lives lost and so many people in pain.

This current lockdown has been the absolute worst of the them for my personal mental health, I actually feel fairly hopeless most days and that's with a job, roof over my head and health in tact. I can't imagine how devastating this must be for those who've lost their businesses, livelihoods and loved ones. It's an absolute travesty, they should be removed from power.

I keep seeing these discussions bubble up shifting the blame from the Government to the people. While there is no doubt that some people are breaking rules or not adhering to them properly, there are millions of people who are actively following the rules, or engaging in such low-risk behaviour that it isn't really worth worrying about.

The Government's ineffective communication skills, lock down/open up/lock down/open up strategy, ridiculous eat-out-to-help-out scheme, inability to adequately provide for the most vulnerable, indecisiveness over things such as school closures, mixed messaging when it comes to working from home, months long delays in deciding to close the borders (and so on) are directly responsible for the mass deaths and infections.

I also hate their 'look-over-there' tactic, getting us to police each other about what we count as outdoor exercise, or for needing to go to the shop more than once because you forgot something you need, all while they waste millions of our taxes and continue to fail the sick and vulnerable.

Edited by LastNight
  • Thanks 2

FATCAT
22 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Well done to our amazing Prime Minister. You are doing well! 

Sis you dropped this: /s

Purr more, hiss less.