UK surpasses 100,000 deaths due to Covid-19

Miss Dolly
16 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Sis you dropped this: /s

Most members here know I despise Bojo with a passion 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train

Sine From Above
43 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

I live in Australia and while obviously we've handled the pandemic better what everyone seems to not realise is the difference in population density, climate and overall population etc. The biggest issue with the UK is the fact people were still going overseas on holiday and borders were open for tourists, borders should've been closed 6 months ago. 

Not to mention the many UK "influencers" hopping in and out of Dubai over Christmas.

Flying like a 1000 Doves

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Most members here know I despise Bojo with a passion 

Yea but there's always one that doesn't, and then they report sarcasm like it's candy

I Dont Know Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Purr more, hiss less.

dynamite
55 minutes ago, FAME HOOKER WENCH said:

People are gonna slate me for this

I think most people would agree with you actually :air:

• Thanks 2

LaLuna

It's not just the government guys. People stopped caring a long time ago and just refuse to follow the rules. It's always me, myself and I, I'm gonna go out to dinner at the restaurant if I want to, I'll travel if I want to, no one can tell me what to do, blah blah blah. People only care about themselves and it's time we take at least some responsibility for what's going on. Not saying the governments are completely innocent in all this, of course they've failed miserably for the most part. But each person has their part to play in this.

Sine From Above
11 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I think most people would agree with you actually :air:

I cannot believe it lol!

Flying like a 1000 Doves

xoxo Craig
Just now, LaLuna said:

It's not just the government guys. People stopped caring a long time ago and just refuse to follow the rules. It's always me, myself and I, I'm gonna go out to dinner at the restaurant if I want to, I'll travel if I want to, no one can tell me what to do, blah blah blah. People only care about themselves and it's time we take at least some responsibility for what's going on. Not saying the governments are completely innocent in all this, of course they've failed miserably for the most part. But each person has their part to play in this.

Okay, but the UK Government should have been stricter on people. The lockdown rules have been too relaxed for the longest. Schools should have been shut ages ago, the borders should have been closed (they are still open), there should have been stricter travel bans, and even a curfew in place to stop people breaking the rules.

People not complying is one of the reasons. But its the Government's job to lead. He hasn't lead, he hasn't set out clear rules, he hasn't done his job properly. The reason why the UK is in the mess its in is mainly to do with the Governments incompetence 

End Racism Now

Miss Dolly
23 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Yea but there's always one that doesn't, and then they report sarcasm like it's candy

I Dont Know Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

I trust people’s instincts 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train

thatfoxyfeeling

Honestly doesn’t help that people are desensitised to it all now, rona has been overexposed in the media and seeing the statistics doesn’t hit me like it did 6 months ago. 

monster4life231

Absolutely horrible. 100,000 people, with hundreds of thousands of families and friends all affected too.

This Government must take responsibility for this and stop blaming others. It's revolting that they are unable to admit their mistakes and when people point out their failures they come back with "they are trying to divide this country, it is not in the national interest.". If we had 0 deaths I'm sure that they would be quite happy to take responsibility, with phrases along the line of "we've handled this so well".

This really is one of the most incompetent governments that I have known. Also, it's not like we didn't know our PM wouldn't be able to handle something like this. His political career has been built around the persona of him being goofy and to an extent a "clown". Politicians are not celebrities and people shouldn't vote for a candidate just because "oh well they're going to be a laugh" or "at least it will make politics more entertaining". When serious things like this pandemic occur, the PM, along with his government, is completely clueless as to what to do. Of course you're going to make mistakes, but it's nearly been a year! These people need to be voted out at the next election, or else we will continue to repeat our mistakes.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Morphine Prince

Western society’s arrogance and greed is literally killing thousands 

• Thanks 1

Gimme More

This is what happens when we have an incompetent Conservative government :deadbanana:

#FreeBritney ♡
  • Thanks 1

Pickle Boy
2 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

But if the government were stricter, then these people wouldn't have had the chance to do what they want. 

Its a mixture of both the Government and the public, but its the Government's job to lead people and they haven't done that

Short of locking people in their homes what do you want them to do?

People know the risks by now and it's their responsibility to follow them. People shouldn't have to be lead to try and save lives.

Pickle farmin'
  • Thanks 1

Zander
1 hour ago, Pickle Boy said:

Short of locking people in their homes what do you want them to do?

People know the risks by now and it's their responsibility to follow them. People shouldn't have to be lead to try and save lives.

This. They've emphasized the seriousness of virus and telling people to stay at home constantly (and literally the advertisements are also unavoidable at this point). People absolutely know the risks and stats at this point. I'm not sure what more the government can do in regards to making people care, and to stay at home and take it seriously? We shouldn't need to be handheld into having common sense (but we have and it's not made much of a difference).

Whilst the government is absolutely mostly to blame it's also undeniable the true selfishness of individuals is also playing a big part to. In some ways I think people's dislike of the government is making them ignore the rules and not care. 

Edited by Zander
  • Thanks 1