💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Lady Gaga: 1st female to have songs over 500M in three different decades

Runway

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio
8 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Literally the biggest missed opportunity of her career thus far. But I keep telling myself “music not the bling” over and over :poot:

ARUTW wouldn’t have been massive because Shallow’s reign was far from over... people wouldn’t have paid it the attention it deserved. It did perfectly well as it was. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO
9 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

ARUTW wouldn’t have been massive because Shallow’s reign was far from over... people wouldn’t have paid it the attention it deserved. It did perfectly well as it was. 

It went top 10 in multiple countries, in a few it even went no.1, so I beg to differ. It would have smashed if it was released a few weeks/a month after Shallow finished its peak after the Oscar, IMO. 

Quartz
1 hour ago, Meredith Grey said:

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. Gaga was never the Madonna of this generation- she is the Cher. She may never fully own a decade like Taylor did but she will continue to do this for decades to come. Even at her lowest points she has more success than most. I’m so proud of her❀. Queen of longevity.

No I don't think so. I don't know any Cher songs. She's not as global as Gaga.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

ThisGuyTony

I posted this in another thread but she’s had a streak of Platinum hits (or multi-platinum) since 2016. 

Million Reasons (2016)

The Cure (2017)

Shallow (2018)

Always Remember Us This Way (2018)

I’ll Never Love Again (2018)

Stupid Love (2020)

Rain On Me (2020)

Very good for a “fad.” :yennefer:

Wet Fire

Million Reasons is THAT bitch.

- Grammy nominated

- numerous performances with a great number of YouTube views, including performance at Super Bowl

- credited for bringing back the 'vocal era' of pop

- 500 million Spotify streams

- numerous covers, a favourite to be performed at TV singing competitions

- a karaoke favourite

:applause:

Justin Drew Bieber
1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

This is still true to this day, Shallow is still getting 1M daily Spotify streams in 2021, despite being released in 2018. :green: ARUTW is still doing great too, I believe it’s getting 500K daily streams!

JustTea
2 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

It went top 10 in multiple countries, in a few it even went no.1, so I beg to differ. It would have smashed if it was released a few weeks/a month after Shallow finished its peak after the Oscar, IMO. 

3 hours ago, Nycboy said:

Can’t help but cry over ARUTW not being a single......

Nontheless, it's around 10 million SPS worldwide.

tenor.gif?itemid=8383862

ALGAYDO
2 minutes ago, JustTea said:

Nontheless, it's around 10 million SPS worldwide.

tenor.gif?itemid=8383862

With virtually no promo, but still being a hit in legit many countries, and getting over 500 MILLION stream on Spotify alone? Lol yeah, a huge hit that got away, whichever way you look at it. But like I said, I’ll keep whispering to myself “music not the bling” over and over :bear:

JustTea
35 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

With virtually no promo, but still being a hit in legit many countries, and getting over 500 MILLION stream on Spotify alone? Lol yeah, a huge hit that got away, whichever way you look at it. But like I said, I’ll keep whispering to myself “music not the bling” over and over :bear:

Atleast it was a single in France, but anyway I'm happy that it did so well without a proper single treatment worldwide. Organic hit I'd say. :classy:

4 hours ago, Animal Claws said:

Their only excuses are Bradley, Ariana and BP. It's so dumb

quite frankly deep down even they know that these collabs were an event cause of gaga, nobody can deny that.. when asib came out all i could hear was that it was "gaga's" movie, when ROM came out all i heard was ariana collabed with gaga!!!! (And mind you these things were said by locals in my teeny tiny town)
I've reached a point were I personally have stopped relying on twitter to be "informed" over who's successful or not, actions speak by themselves :enigma: All them twitter stans can say she is over or whatever and she still is the only female with 500 mil streams in three decades, nothing will change the facts :lolly:

sillynate

So imagine you’re put into a coma in 2013-ish 

then when you wake up at 2019-20 you find out that Lady Gaga’s, the pop star with literal pop hits, most played songs on Spotify are country songs :laughga: :lmao:MR, ARUTW, Shallow :bon: 

Archived