One female alt pop artist sued another female pop artist over infringement 

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaSine

Grimes and ??? 

I can’t imagine what is ‘alt-pop’ tbh aside from Grimes and like FKA twigs maybe

ALGAYDO

The only current A-list female pop stars are Gaga, Ari, Taylor, maybe Doja (if she’s considered both a pop star and an A-lister) 

so who could it have been :oprah:

11 minutes ago, Antanimal said:

:nails:

I don't see any similarity apart from the fact that both of them are laying on the floor... The 'original artist' isn't even doing the 'sine pose' with their arms... Seems like a reach to me :fatcat:

Agunimon

Fans are so quick to attack someone who points out that inspiration was drawn from something that they did by their favorite. That is how a lot of art comes about. Something inspires someone to create something similar to what inspired them, but they tweak it in a way that makes it their own. As a designer, I do this all the time - people in my field do this all the time, and people in creative fields in general do this all the time. People who don't create and who are obsessed with a particular artist enough to defend them and actively work to discredit someone pointing out that inspiration was drawn from something they or someone else did that they found need to understand this and not take everything as a freaking attack on their favorite.

Jose P
Just now, LG2008 said:

I don't see any similarity apart from the fact that both of them are laying on the floor... The 'original artist' isn't even doing the 'sine pose' with their arms... Seems like a reach to me :fatcat:

It’s them using a fanmade Chromatica edit as a comparison for me

chromatic puzea
3 minutes ago, LG2008 said:

same

i think the fleshy things are definitely similar but i don't see it as a huge deal

do u like the jojo siwa song

hoeslay
16 minutes ago, Antanimal said:

:nails:

Ok wait I definitely see it. Even if it's not true - this person POPPED OFF 🔥 Like they did what I WISH Gaga did. My main issue with Chromatica even though I stan hardcore is that it felt too safe. This is so not safe and I love it! The song is not quite my vibe but these visuals are IMMACULATE wow!!

Archived