Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

One female alt pop artist sued another female pop artist over infringement 

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

and nah, I don’t think anyone really sees Billie as a pop star :enigma:

I was curious to see who does, so I looked it up, and the latest magazine she did an interview with refers to her as a pop star :air:
But what fascinates me, is that upon looking further into it, people seem to believe that she's transitioning pop music into a new era. That she's creating what will soon be her generation's form of pop music. Honestly, it feels like alt-pop is slowly starting to become, well...pop. She seems to be on the threshold of this apparent musical evolution so arguably we could call her either at this point

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO
9 minutes ago, Chic said:

I was curious to see who does, so I looked it up, and the latest magazine she did an interview with refers to her as a pop star :air:
But what fascinates me, is that upon looking further into it, people seem to believe that she's transitioning pop music into a new era. That she's creating what will soon be her generation's form of pop music. Honestly, it feels like alt-pop is slowly starting to become, well...pop. She seems to be on the threshold of this apparent musical evolution so arguably we could call her either at this point

You know what? I can actually totally see that. Kind of how artists like Drake, Usher, Lana, Halsey, Rihanna etc have always been labeled as something other than pop, even tho their sound is, well, not to be rude or anything, but basically pop-adjacent, but since the traditional “pop” sound (Gaga, katy, etc.) isn’t “in” anymore, that those artists could now be labeled as “pop.”  I can see Billie being the face of “new-age pop” if that makes sense. 

Let’s not forget that other genres, like Jazz, used to be considered “pop” way back then. 

edit: the way I worded my post made it seem like I’m clumping artists like Lana and Drake into the same category, but I’m most definitely not, they’re just examples of artists that have their own sound that’s becoming the “norm” now lol 

Agunimon
16 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

I highly doubt Qualiatik sued Gaga and won, she is literally relying on financial aid to attend school. I think it’s just a coincident that she posted this at the same time that tweet came up. At least from the way she’s talking about it, but also she might not be allowed to talk about the legal case if there is one.

I think tweet in the OP is about something else.

I agree. Not to mention she literally just tweeted this today. 

This reminds me of when Princess Nokia accused Ariana of stealing concepts for 7rings and then it turned out Nokia stole from another artist. 

The thing is culture is cyclical, especially in audio and visuals. There isn’t a minimum amount of years something has to be out until it can be used as inspiration. Gaga has always been a combination of tons of references that she ends up turning into something new. Just because Gaga and her peers are more famous than some of their references, they will constantly be accused of “stealing” without giving credit. But I don’t know what they expect? For artists to release their mood boards of all their references and tag them of socials? 

This artist is even admitting her projects have been the result of references and mood boards. If she became super well known and famous would that stop? Probably not. 

I don't think Gaga's team needs to respond when little monsters are already there to clarify things already:billie:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

32 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

You know what? I can actually totally see that. Kind of how artists like Drake, Usher, Lana, Halsey, Rihanna etc have always been labeled as something other than pop, even tho their sound is, well, not to be rude or anything, but basically pop-adjacent, but since the traditional “pop” sound (Gaga, katy, etc.) isn’t “in” anymore, that those artists could now be labeled as “pop.”  I can see Billie being the face of “new-age pop” if that makes sense. 

Let’s not forget that other genres, like Jazz, used to be considered “pop” way back then. 

edit: the way I worded my post made it seem like I’m clumping artists like Lana and Drake into the same category, but I’m most definitely not, they’re just examples of artists that have their own sound that’s becoming the “norm” now lol 

I think this may be a product of our formative years being filled with a certain form of pop music, which often gives us the bias of seeing it as the 'definitive' pop music. I can imagine that people would have sub-categorized Lady Gaga as electronic pop at the beginning of her career because she was also on a fringe of pop evolution. I feel like she was the "new-age pop" of her time, but now she's just regular pop. Perhaps Billie will one day be considered straight up pop as well?

Chromatica Island
1 hour ago, hoeslay said:

Ok wait I definitely see it. Even if it's not true - this person POPPED OFF 🔥 Like they did what I WISH Gaga did. My main issue with Chromatica even though I stan hardcore is that it felt too safe. This is so not safe and I love it! The song is not quite my vibe but these visuals are IMMACULATE wow!!

No, that video seemed to try too hard at being edgy lmao.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

ALGAYDO
14 minutes ago, Chic said:

I think this may be a product of our formative years being filled with a certain form of pop music, which often gives us the bias of seeing it as the 'definitive' pop music. I can imagine that people would have sub-categorized Lady Gaga as electronic pop at the beginning of her career because she was also on a fringe of pop evolution. I feel like she was the "new-age pop" of her time, but now she's just regular pop. Perhaps Billie will one day be considered straight up pop as well?

Yup, you basically summarized what I was trying to say, but better haha 

1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

For me, I think it's more-so of the fact that she has been doing more and more objectively high brow performances and her age - I feel like as she grows she is trying to remove the outrageousness and risk-taking that Lady Gaga as a name brought with it. I still think she will continue to set trends in fashion and capture the audience that way, but with her music, I don't see her doing anything outside of what has trended in the past, or what is currently trending in sounds. I don't see her coming out with another Judas, for example. Although I certainly do believe she will continue to make thought provoking music that speaks on some pretty sensitive topics.

I'm Gaga's age (5 months older) and I can honestly say that as I've become older I have also toned down with anything outrageous I may have done when she was doing her outrageous stuff. Not that I've ever been way out there or anything, but I've just grown into different aspects of my personality and what I want to present myself as, I guess. So I've kind of figured that maybe this is one aspect of why she's evolved. I dunno if that makes sense. Of course I'm not comparing myself to our Queen or anything, just thinking of it as an overall growth thing.

Also, in regards to this artist's video, am I the only one who was completely creeped out by it? lol. I mean I can see they put a lot of effort into it which is awesome, but the whole umbilical chord alien goo thing gave me the heebie jeebies lol.

Chromatica Island
1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

This reminds me of that quote she’s said a few times, something along the lines of “it’s okay to look in the rear-view mirror, but don’t stare.” That plus the fact that she’s made it pretty obvious that she doesn’t enjoy being a “pop star” anymore :fatcat:

I’ll still always love and appreciate her tho, whatever route she decided to go down. 

She's still a pop star, she did Chromatica , she will continue doing pop music, other music, and acting as well, she needs to grow as an artist.

1 hour ago, GagaSine said:

Jeez y’all are really bumming me out :fatcat: I have like no reason to stan if that will be the case

:bye:

Chromatica Island
2 hours ago, Agunimon said:

I have to say, after everything, I don't think Gaga will ever release something not deemed as 'safe' anymore. 

And that is fine with me, she can do whatever the hell she want's, she's not our Plastic Doll.mp3:oops: I mean she almost showed her p#ssy on stage at Enigma. She showed underboob at the VMAs.

GagaSine
10 minutes ago, Monsterabriel said:

:bye:

:triggered: no offence but you seem to have a hard time with other people’s opinions. What’s drawn me to Gaga was always her punk rock spirit, sorry I have different taste than you but it’s called being a human being.

Chromatica Island

3 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

:triggered: no offence but you seem to have a hard time with other people’s opinions. What’s drawn me to Gaga was always her punk rock spirit, sorry I have different taste than you but it’s called being a human being.

I do get carried away sometimes, sorry if I offended you.

Archived