Lets settle this once and for all

RenegAde

Which star spangled banner was better  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Which rendition was better

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

Let’s be real, 2021’s was weak2016 was Gaga at her vocal peak GIF by Mashable

Or alternatively, how about let's be real 2016 was sensational and as good as she has ever done and 2021 was excellent but not as good as 2016.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
imnotyourbabe10

While I'm a terrible patriot (and am not very proud of my country), lol, I guess I'm in the minority in this poll -- really loved 2021's rendition.  The context was much more emotional and enduring, imho.

To be sure, the memes/gifs from the 2016 anthem continue to be the gift that keeps on giving hah!  And her vocals there were great!

the 2013 acapella rendition is way better than both, TO ME her tone and technique was much more pleasant during that time than it is nowadays :vegas:

Well, tbh, performing is very different when there is a buzzing energy in a stadium full of thousands of people. 

I think 2016 was "better" in the vocals and delivery. 2020 was amazing in its symbolism, how she looked, and how proud I am of her. Idk.

Sneaky Oliver
20 hours ago, TEANUS said:

Not even a discussion for me, 2021 was amazing because it’s Gaga, but 2016 was truly a moment. The transition into falsetto on “freeeeEEEeee”, the double “the braaaveee, the— BRAAAAVE”

2016 wins for these two moments alone :nooo:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Ladle Ghoulash
22 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Her technique was perfect for 2021 wyd :triggered:  she was just nervous, and you could tell that... as well as it being very cold. It was warmer for her Superbowl one and she was less nervous. 

2021 wins for me, although I do like what she did with the "free" in the 2016 one

The technique was not perfect. I love her and I love the performance, but she’s carrying *a lot* tension in her throat, she doesn’t open nearly wide enough for some of the biggest notes, and the runs are all messy. The cold probably played a role in that, but those are the things I noticed 

Archived