opinion

Lets settle this once and for all

RenegAde

Which star spangled banner was better  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Which rendition was better

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, GreatestThing said:

They are both incredible, her vocals and performance fit the respective event perfectly

This.  I can't choose because they were both amazing.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G U C C I

To me both versions are amazing and I love that they are so different. The 2016 one is better vocally but I chose 2021 because of how gorgeous she looked and the emotion she was able to convey while singing it. 

2021 for the look the other was very musical and well interpreted. 

Unfortunatelty if she would nail in 2021 shed have to bore you in a way. Singing with the band in such conditions where theres no comunication is extremely difficult. Rythm is the most important thing, you must be a metronome. 

She was very smart bringing the pianist. And ofc the pressure for inauguration is even higher. Tho the other had her reputation on the line

CannaeDrive

2021 for the moment, emotion and the meaning of that special performance.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

littlepotter
22 minutes ago, MOT said:

I wouldn't disagree with any of that, and I hadn't thought about the possible meaning of splitting land, I wouldnt put that past her, but in deciding on the arrangement I presume you also have to factor in what you think you're capable of, or what rehearsals tell you you're capable of.

I think it's technically easier for her to have continued on the same tempo as the previous line. Her slowing it down makes it harder. It's a lot easier to belt out a high note at the end of a line rather than just belt straight out of silence like she did with "there" because it's harder to get it directly on pitch (and that's why she was a bit shaky there). So it's definitely a choice for emphasis imo

chaeri pls

1 minute ago, littlepotter said:

I think it's technically easier for her to have continued on the same tempo as the previous line. Her slowing it down makes it harder. It's a lot easier to belt out a high note at the end of a line rather than just belt straight out of silence like she did with "there" because it's harder to get it directly on pitch (and that's why she was a bit shaky there). So it's definitely a choice for emopasis imo

Thanks. That's exactly the sort of stuff that I don't know.

2 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

wdym? lots of big singers have sang this song (whitney houston comes to mind)

Well, I never had the urge to listen to it, I’m not American. So if Gaga had never sung it, I probably wouldn’t have heard it so far 🤷🏼‍♂️

gypsy101
Just now, artd0me said:

Well, I never had the urge to listen to it, I’m not American. So if Gaga had never sung it, I probably wouldn’t have heard it so far 🤷🏼‍♂️

wow that's sad, it's a pretty good song imo

Mother of Puppies

Gaga is even competing against herself. :fatcat:

I loved both performances so much... outfit-wise I loved 2021 a lot more and there was even more emotions... vocally I thought both performances were absolutely great.... so I'm gonna go with 2021

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

JusKeepBreathin

2021 was over sung and shakey.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

crybrowz
32 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

wow that's sad, it's a pretty good song imo

It is a beautiful song, but I wouldn't say it's "sad" that someone from a different country doesn't regularly listen to different renditions of our national anthem lol. Do you ever listen to Germany's national anthem? (where I'm assuming the user is from based on his instagram) 

crybrowz

OT: both were beautiful but I preferred the pacing of the super bowl version. The inauguration version seemed a bit rushed at moments, but in terms of appearance I liked what she was wearing better at the inauguration. 

Archived