Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga - "I'm super f*cking talented"

littlepotter

Featured Posts

Mother of Puppies
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

I love when she's cocky :air:

This, I actually found very funny, because it's the truth... a lot of influencers don't really have any talents... so in that sense she is absolutely right.

2 minutes ago, MonsterMom said:

She was mocking influencers 

as she should. :ladyhaha:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

spector
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

What does that mean?

that the utterance belongs to the diegesis of the show. i guess that's what the comment implied. 

stella + elliot = stelliot

OMonster

She wasn't talking about herself here, though.

She was pretending to be a social media influencer, saying that 'she was so talented' because she could take selfies and pose. It was supposed to be a commentary on how modern-day 'celebrities' seek attention ('paparazzi') and fame for untalented traits, like being able to take a good picture. 

In the context of the show, I think it was to say that Gaga isn't what people think she is / thought she was - she is not style over substance, despite how she entertains the paparazzi. She is a performer, not a social media influencer. 

And as for the Vogue interview quote - I don't think there's anything wrong with Gaga saying that she thinks she is one of the best vocalists and performers in the industry when, obviously, it's true. We shouldn't shame people for recognising their talents. It's funny because when someone talented dies, the media and the public praise them to the high heavens - but when an artist is upfront about what they bring to the table, 'we' / the public shame them. 

subtext / fantasy

Lighter
57 minutes ago, NickyPuppy said:

Do you still think she would give interviews like that today?

I haven't read that one before.... I personally don't like that bragging.... but it could've been one of her "characters" that she was "playing" right? Not quite sure what to think of this. :triggered:

It's good to acknowledge that you have talent, but I think it's a bit too much to say "I'm the best" or "one of the best" .. hmmm

or is there a story behind that that I don't get? Someone explain :huntyga:

Gaga is alwayss alwayss ironic in a way whenever she brags about anything. it’s the satire of hollywood she always carries with her

PSYCHOSHTICK
1 hour ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

"I REALLY WANT TO KNOW IF GAGA WILL STILL BE HUGE IN 2020. LIKE SERIOUSLY, WHO IS SHE TO BRAG??? SHE IS JUST A TEMPORAL PHENOMENON" said someone in 2011...... 

Well...

tenor.gif

In 2008 I was 13 and a huge Madonna fan until I discovered Gaga and became a veteran monster since Just Dance.

After 13 years I can still remember a day sometime around that time when my mom (a Madonna fan) said to me: “Your fase with that Lady Gaga is temporarily, she’ll be over next year. Madonna is for forever.”

Guess who I loved and still love more? :pawsup:

2 hours ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

"I REALLY WANT TO KNOW IF GAGA WILL STILL BE HUGE IN 2020. LIKE SERIOUSLY, WHO IS SHE TO BRAG??? SHE IS JUST A TEMPORAL PHENOMENON" said someone in 2011...... 

Well...

tenor.gif

That could have been me in 2011. I wasn't paying much attention. 

1 hour ago, NickyPuppy said:

Do you still think she would give interviews like that today?

I haven't read that one before.... I personally don't like that bragging.... but it could've been one of her "characters" that she was "playing" right? Not quite sure what to think of this. :triggered:

It's good to acknowledge that you have talent, but I think it's a bit too much to say "I'm the best" or "one of the best" .. hmmm

or is there a story behind that that I don't get? Someone explain :huntyga:

Big difference between saying 'I'm the best' and 'I'm one of the best'. One is ok to say, the other isn't. Although I think the actual quote was 'I'm one of the greatest' which doesn't sound so good. Maybe she was being funny. Anyway, turns out she really was/is one of the greatest.

MonsterofFame

Gaga has acknowledged her talent several times. She corrected Jimmy Kimmel during ASIB era saying "I'm actually much different than Ally. She didn't believe in herself or that she could sing. I always knew I could and was confident in that."

There have been other moments where she commented on her talent. 

But in this Joanne video I'm pretty sure she was being sarcastic. She's talking in a "deadpan" tone and others also mention this was during Paparazzi, which makes sense. Notice how short the video is.. no context. 

Don't forget that she had a fight for years to prove her talent so people wouldn't write her off as an industry plant pop star. 

littlepotter
3 hours ago, ChristianDior said:

In 2008 I was 13 and a huge Madonna fan until I discovered Gaga and became a veteran monster since Just Dance.

After 13 years I can still remember a day sometime around that time when my mom (a Madonna fan) said to me: “Your fase with that Lady Gaga is temporarily, she’ll be over next year. Madonna is for forever.”

Guess who I loved and still love more? :pawsup:

Please tell me you always remind her of this :air:

chaeri pls

Archived