Sign in to follow this  
society

Bomb explodes at hateful church

PartySick
12 minutes ago, Economy said:

Im sorry to say but a lot of people who call themselves progressive, in my opinion are only becoming better ppl in terms equality and some aspects of social justice that get a lot of attention on internet. I actually think many now are actually regressing when it comes to other types of basic ethics

I completely agree.

#PromoteOnlineKindness teas. I guess people feel very disconnected and apathetic about others' emotions these days and we just keep getting driven further apart.

I'm at work so I don't have a lot of time but pretend I put a Joe Biden speech about unity here :huntyga:

💙I heard one sine from above💙
  • Love 1

SamanthaC

I do not believe in celebrating violence regardless of the sides. I do however believe this church to be wrong in their beliefs and hatred towards people (and as a Christian, it makes me sick). But I do agree with @PartySick, it just gives them ammunition to say look at how bad the other side is, look what they did. I know there is a train of thought that thinks violence is sometimes a necessary means. I in no way have all the answers, but I'd like to believe there is a better way than this. 

The Adele of GGD's Member & Rain on Me Awards 2020
  • Love 2

Economy
Just now, PartySick said:

I completely agree.

#PromoteOnlineKindness teas. I guess people feel very disconnected and apathetic about others' emotions these days and we just keep getting driven further apart.

I'm at work so I don't have a lot of time but pretend I put a Joe Biden speech about unity here :huntyga:

I think at least part of this can be blamed on social media tho there may be other factors affecting ppls changing mentalities

I dont particularly love that but its whats happening :enigma:

• Like 1

PartySick
30 minutes ago, Economy said:

I think at least part of this can be blamed on social media tho there may be other factors affecting ppls changing mentalities

I dont particularly love that but its whats happening :enigma:

It's not surprising. Echo chambers easily lead to radicalizing (there's probably a better word for it but that's the only one I can think of :rip:)

💙I heard one sine from above💙

FATCAT

No one deserves to be threatened or harmed in this way, even if they're scum of the earth.  Y'all are about to be real upset when you get warnings, but being malicious is not warranted on this forum.

Purr more, hiss less.