💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

It's A Sin

LastNight

Featured Posts

LastNight

"It’s A Sin follows the story of the 1980s, the story of AIDS, and charts the joy and heartbreak of a group of friends across a decade in which everything changed."

It's a new 5-part show from Russel T Davies, airing on Channel 4 in the UK. Olly Alexander plays the lead character and the show follows him and his group of friends during the AIDS crisis. The first episode was shown on TV on Friday and the whole thing is available to stream on All 4.

I binged it all this weekend and I don't even have words to describe how brilliant it is; it's powerful, it's moving and it's absolutely devastating. I encourage everyone to watch, it's difficult but necessary viewing.

blackstar

I'm literally watching the first episode atm and I'm already obsessed :messga:

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

LastNight
7 minutes ago, blackstar said:

I'm literally watching the first episode atm and I'm already obsessed :messga:

You will love it, it's amazing!

Gorehound

I hardly ever cry in general and I don't think any film or series has ever made me cry before, but f*ck me I cried after finishing this series!

Amazing show. Defo a must watch and get a real feel of what these poor people went through. 

I'm fine, Ta

thatfoxyfeeling

I binged it over the weekend and was an emotional mess after. Years & Years is another show by Russell T Davies I recommend watching, Cucumber was a bit average and nothing will eclispe Queer as Folk but damn the man is a genius! :applause: 

Quartz

What is that trailer. I dunno, didn't do anything for me.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Gorehound
13 minutes ago, Quartz said:

What is that trailer. I dunno, didn't do anything for me.

book by its cover mate. book by its cover

I'm fine, Ta

blackstar
3 hours ago, LastNight said:

You will love it, it's amazing!

just finished the last episode and I'm in tears:bradley:

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

Rj Barker

As a HIV+ person myself, I found this extremely difficult to watch but it was very true to its source material and beautifully done. Heartbreaking, uncomfortable but joyful and powerful at the same time. I'm just thankful we are in a better place now with regards to both stigma and treatment. Hopefully it's taught people a thing or two aswell and encourages discussion regarding U=U nowadays. 

LastNight
31 minutes ago, Rj Barker said:

As a HIV+ person myself, I found this extremely difficult to watch but it was very true to its source material and beautifully done. Heartbreaking, uncomfortable but joyful and powerful at the same time. I'm just thankful we are in a better place now with regards to both stigma and treatment. Hopefully it's taught people a thing or two aswell and encourages discussion regarding U=U nowadays. 

Thank you for sharing this. I'm also HIV+ and I was very, very nervous to watch (I almost didn't) for that reason. I just didn't know how I would react and how it would make me feel about my own experience. It left me in bits and I actually don't really know what to do with myself now, I feel like it's left a lasting impression on me and truthfully it's helping me confront a lot of feelings that I tend to avoid. It's only been a day since I watched but it's moved me so much and I'm having difficult conversations with myself that I don't usually have.

I'm so glad I watched it; it's so important to remember the history and all the beautiful lives lost, but also (as you say) to see how far we've come. The massive advancement in treatment is a scientific/medical marvel and it doesn't get nearly enough recognition for just how incredible it is.

What has really moved me is how lucky I am to be alive at this time, when I can get treatment easily and live my life as normal. At times I worry a lot about getting older and about the future, but I just remind myself that it really is a privilege to get to grow up, to get to live every day with your health intact, and about how that opportunity was (and is) snatched from so many people - and if I was alive then that would have been me. It's been a very moving and very humbling weekend for me.

Rj Barker
4 minutes ago, LastNight said:

Thank you for sharing this. I'm also HIV+ and I was very, very nervous to watch (I almost didn't) for that reason. I just didn't know how I would react and how it would make me feel about my own experience. It left me in bits and I actually don't really know what to do with myself now, I feel like it's left a lasting impression on me and truthfully it's helping me confront a lot of feelings that I tend to avoid. It's only been a day since I watched but it's moved me so much and I'm having difficult conversations with myself that I don't usually have.

I'm so glad I watched it; it's so important to remember the history and all the beautiful lives lost, but also (as you say) to see how far we've come. The massive advancement in treatment is a scientific/medical marvel and it doesn't get nearly enough recognition for just how incredible it is.

What has really moved me is how lucky I am to be alive at this time, when I can get treatment easily and live my life as normal. At times I worry a lot about getting older and about the future, but I just remind myself that it really is a privilege to get to grow up, to get to live every day with your health in tact, and about how that opportunity was (and is) snatched from so many people - and if I was alive then that would have been me. It's been a very moving and very humbling weekend for me.

We are indeed very lucky, I don't usually think about my status ever as it doesn't particularly impact my life anymore being undetectable for 5 years now, but it also made me look back at my diagnosis and it shook me a bit. 

If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to DM me :kara:

Archived