💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Roseberry (Schiaparelli) on Gaga’s Inauguration outfit

imitalian

Featured Posts

imitalian

The satisfaction of being at the president's inauguration, as a designer and as an American.
"As an American in Paris, because now I live here! It was difficult to be so far from my home at such an intense time. But to be there like that was exciting."

What was it like working with such a strong personality like Lady Gaga?

"Initially, I sent several proposals and ideas to Gaga and her incredible team of stylists. In the end, it was clear which proposal she loved the most. She wanted a dress that was rich in meaning. She suggested the combination of blue and red herself, which was brilliant, and I suggested she wear the dove. Working with her was truly a dream. She is a unique performer, her singing skills are rare and she never spares herself on the job. I felt a mixture of emotions, elation, gratitude, pride, humility."

How quickly did you create the dress?

"It took all the workers at the Schiaparelli ateliers here in Paris. They worked all week, 24 hours a day. We really had so little time to create the dress and make sure the fit was perfect. But we pulled it off. It's a testament to the skills and expertise of Maison Schiaparelli. There are amazing people here."

A dove and immediately it was a dress with a message to the world. Can fashion go that far?

"An immediate intuition. Because symbolism is in the DNA of the maison and is the legacy of Elsa, and I tried to translate it into the contemporary, in such an important moment." 

The images flew. What did you do?

"I toasted with my team. It was a credit to everyone."

Via Corriere: https://www.corriere.it/moda/21_gennaio_23/lady-gaga-ha-scelto-colori-bandiera-io-colomba-pace-cc309dba-5cd9-11eb-9977-f37e49990f1d.shtml

Check the article for the sketch of the dress!

Wow, this is so impressive. I love Schiaparelli and it's so interesting to know about the behind the scenes. The "As an American in Paris..." response gave me "As an Italian, I'm really proud as an American" teas tho :poot: 

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

I wish the blue part was bluer to make the colors representing democrats and republicans more obvious, but maybe that would've been too colorful with the gold details

16 minutes ago, Jester said:

I wish the blue part was bluer to make the colors representing democrats and republicans more obvious, but maybe that would've been too colorful with the gold details

It wouldn't be as good-looking imo, bright blue and red don't go together.

edit: i mean, they kind of do but it wouldn't look good :poot: 

spector
On 1/23/2021 at 7:42 PM, imitalian said:

the legacy of Elsa

:bradley:

original.gif

Spoiler

Untitled-1-copy-1.jpg?resize=750,938&ssl

stella + elliot = stelliot

• 4 weeks later...
hieronymus
On 1/23/2021 at 2:42 PM, Jill said:

It wouldn't be as good-looking imo, bright blue and red don't go together.

edit: i mean, they kind of do but it wouldn't look good :poot: 

It didn't have to be bright blue though. Maybe a slate blue or more of a navy blue that won't read as black. It doesn't make much sense to claim the colors have this wonderful message when the colors are barely portrayed.

3 hours ago, Cookie Woman said:

It didn't have to be bright blue though. Maybe a slate blue or more of a navy blue that won't read as black. It doesn't make much sense to claim the colors have this wonderful message when the colors are barely portrayed.

Well but they're there, and they have a wonderful message. Maybe they tried with other shades but they weren't convinced.

RAMROD

That is a very deep navy then, look at it :bradley:

ru25z8.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived