šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What single you didn't want to be "single" ?

Blackout19

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Only Eh, Eh.

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RodeckDanny

G.U.Y (Epic video, wrong song)

911 (video's good)

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

SevenWonder

Gypsy instead of GUY. It just screams final single to me. GUY's fine, but it's not a standout or special to me. Gypsy could have been both.Ā 

Diamond Heart instead of PI. I love PI and both are fantastic RockGa songs, butĀ I think DH had better crossover potential and is just more dynamic lyrically, vocally, and musically.

This is more what I wish wasn'tĀ a "non" single: I will never, ever understand why ARUTW wasn't a single. It could have been ASIB's "I Have Nothing". A SMASH second single.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

MonsterofFame

Telephone.
Honestly it's one of Gaga's most generic songs, and it was a single even after she went avant-garde with Bad Romance. The video saved it though.Ā Monster or DITD deserved 2nd single.

Applause.
The lyrics are unrelatable. The song is strange and loud. What was Jimmy Iovine thinking?

Perfect Illusion.
It's a great album track that got better with time. But it's not single worthy, especially lead single worthy.

Chromatican

Hmmm. Well if I could only erase one single from Gagaā€™s career itā€™d be Do What You Want for obvious reasons. In general Iā€™d keep The Fame and The Fame Monster the same, but for the sake of Gagaā€™s career as a whole Iā€™d make The Edge of Glory BTWā€™s 2nd single and leave Judas an album track, and make Diamond Heart the Joanne lead and maybe make Perfect Illusion a promo single.Ā 

destructivelove

BTW:Ā Judas and Marry the Night

Judas was just all around a terrible single choice all things considered. Ā Of course the video is amazingĀ visually and Boomkackā€™s choreo is literally iconic, but the rollout on Good Friday is BEYOND tacky. Ā I get she was trying to be Madonna-edgy with the organized religionĀ jab, but it came across way more try hard and mean spirited than effective. Ā  It would have been different if the song was written as a commentary on religion itself and had a message of acceptance behind it, but it wa literally a biblically themed love song... Ā also the screeching PrechorusĀ For a radio track...

Marry the Night is one of my top 3 tracks off BTW, but again, the rollout and intent was all wrong in my opinion COMMERCIALLY* (before yallĀ attack me lol). Ā The song *feels* much too long for a casual radio audience, the music video is painstakingly tooĀ long and ā€œweirdā€ for the GP. Ā This felt for me (time period wise) the beginning of everyone being over the ā€œweirdness to be weirdā€ factorĀ of the BTW era, and really took away from a very heart felt and serious story Gaga had to tell about her life. Ā It also felt like the first time her concept/costuming/scene work got sloppy (donā€™t hate me for that word, I canā€™t think of a better word). Ā  The dance studio scene felt lackluster and basic after the grandiose scenes of the monologues/car lot Ā  Visually/thematicallyĀ it goes from watching a full blown AHS episode, to ā€œoh sh**Ā we need to fill timeā€ - also the last black outfit she is in on the streets is really just horrendously unflattering Ā  This song/video, even more than Judas or BTW, took her from cool to ā€œnah lady Gaga is too weird, broā€ at parties. Ā Ā Ā 

Ā 

ARTPOP: GUY

I mean really this was meant to be a gift for the fans so I wonā€™t be too critical - but Iā€™m not sure why they even bothered sending it to radio Ā  Ā I think for me the biggest issue is that GUY is ZEDD. Ā  ItĀ feels like 3 different songs (verses, prechorus, chorus) - this also causes the song to feel like it unnecessarily drags in parts Ā  The Prechorus really takes away any chance of it feeling like a club banger Ā  Ā Lyrically itā€™s literally about power bottoming... I get that this time period was full of pro-feminist anthems, but itā€™s such a confusing concept lyrically that it really doesnā€™t get its point across to the casual radio audience Ā  Ā ā€œI wanna be that GUYā€ Ā  Which guy? Ā The guy you are crushing on? Ā Why do you want to be him? Ā  Wait you wanna be ā€œthe guyā€ who is the girl under another guy? Ā also, this is a bit nitpicking and I said I wouldnā€™t be (oops), but I really dislike how the music video was filmed. Ā Everything production wise in the video is amazing, but the actual cameraĀ or film technique used gives it all a very ā€œsoap operaā€ effect - that weird thing HD tvā€™s used to do when they would upscale old content, and make it look almost too real - itā€™s a MVĀ that doesnā€™t feel ā€œimmersiveā€ Ā I feel like Iā€™m watching Gaga on a set, not Gaga in Gagaā€™s ā€œworldā€ Ā  Ā that was a big issue for me with applause/stupid love MVā€™sĀ as well tho, it feelsĀ like watching a set, whereas PI + ROM + 911 feel like youā€™re immersed in the worlds

Ā 

Ā 

Oriane

G.U.Y, never understood why it was so popular among fans.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived