Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Swifties, remember this song?

spector

Featured Posts

spector

although i'm a relatively new swiftie, i thought i was kinda familiar with her entire oeuvre, which means that discovering this song (via tiktok :toofunny:was kinda unexpected.

i even bumped into an interview where she explained that writing non-confessionally, not from a self-directed perspective, was refreshing to her. i think it's nice looking back at her in 2013 from the present moment, retrospectively being aware of all the misogynous scrutiny that she will have to endure due to her confessional songwriting, and seeing her find an exceptionally solid footing in the perspectival games of crafting tales, exemplified by the mirroring, loop-like narratives of folklore and evermore, taking on both mythical and personal, fictional and autobiographical qualities. she can pull off being sung as a person's persona (e.g., rebekah harkness as taylor swift on the last great american dynasty; the public's perspective on her, a position without agency), while remaining the one singing as a persona's person (taylor swift as rebekah harkness; her self-perspective on "taylor swift," a position of self-assertion), if you will. quite a stunning artistic feat (and much more subtly done than, let's say, in blank space). a kind of meta-twist to all this is how a song—once fictional—reads quite personal now:

seen you fall, seen you crawl on your knees, eh eh
seen you lost in a crowd, seen your colors fade
wish i could make it better
someday you won't remember

this pain you thought would last forever and ever

you won't remember all my
champagne problems

and i was catching my breath
floors of a cabin creaking under my step
and i couldn't be sure
i had a feeling so peculiar
this pain wouldn't be for
evermore
evermore (evermore)
evermore
this pain wouldn't be for evermore (evermore)
evermore

a swiftian inception indeed.

0f6c13e7db94098ceb2cf5428150af849a1aa390

anyway, it's obviously not the crown jewel of her discography—a nice, uplifting song nonetheless. enjoy :party: 

stella + elliot = stelliot

Chromatica

This was the first Taylor song I didn’t like tbh, and at that point I had listened to her entire discography. :/ 

I love pop music and I love Taylor, but most of her solely pop songs outside of Reputation are hit and miss for me.

Pop Music

still listen to it to this day (as a major swiftie) 

I am a huge sucker anything JackXTaylor so this is the beginning of that relationship and I stan 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

I miss soundtrack Taylor, there was this cute unofficial tradition when a soundtrack single would usher in a new era 

who will love me when the night is over

FFXIV WhiteMage

I remember not liking it nor the film :huntyga:

Paul was great but Connie deserved better :ohwell:

Agunimon

I hate having - Singles in my library so I put it into the 1989 album lmao (I also bought this track when it was released)

Archived