Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua Lipa sharing about genocide in Bosnia

Regina George

Featured Posts

Regina George

This is actually huge that such a big pop star shares something like this about my country and the war and genocide that happened here:

dualipa-2021-1-22-xt9qy7.jpg

Her mother is half bosnian and this means the world to me and my people. Please keep yourselves from posting any negativity on this topic. 

I am so glad that she is spreading awareness about this topic. This makes me so happy as a Dua Lipa fan and as someone who's family was affected by this. 

Regina George

Also I'd suggest to everyone to watch this movie. It is so emotional and so hard but it is important. 

PopMusicForever

One of the most terrifying moments in human history committed by the Serbian forces. 
What is interesting is the fact that still to this day Serbia does not accept the fact that they committed genocide against a lot of ethnic groups in the Balkans (Croatians, Bosnians and Kosovo Albanians). 
Props to Dua for bringing awareness to this horrible and disturbing moment in the Balkans history. 

VenusUrania

Can't wait to see the movie, I've heard great reviews about it!

I'm waiting for the negators of the genocide to stir the pot :sure:

Regina George
4 minutes ago, VenusUrania said:

Can't wait to see the movie, I've heard great reviews about it!

I'm waiting for the negators of the genocide to stir the pot :sure:

I really hope this won’t get messy. I just shared because I am so happy that this amazing human being is actually spreading awareness about the topic that deserves so much more attention to her 60 million followers which is huge.

Morphine Prince

Omg I accidentally saw the "Love" reaction and thought it was red instead of pink and I was about to go off :rip: 

27monster27
37 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I really hope this won’t get messy. I just shared because I am so happy that this amazing human being is actually spreading awareness about the topic that deserves so much more attention to her 60 million followers which is huge.

I am part Serbian myself, however I do not condone that atrocities that the government has committed against your people. This is why whenever I support countries, I always make sure to be more supportive of the culture and good people, because governments more often than not can be really terrible.

he/him/his

Regina George
43 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

I am part Serbian myself, however I do not condone that atrocities that the government has committed against your people. This is why whenever I support countries, I always make sure to be more supportive of the culture and good people, because governments more often than not can be really terrible.

And I know that majority of people from Serbia are good people and that none of them would support such a thing. I appreciate this :heart:

Dua and Angelina Jolie are some of the few A listers who care about this genocide and I am grateful for them bringing light to it. I didn't know too much about it myself until I read more about it and studied a lot due to Angelina's activism about it. What the Serbian forces did just to try and artificially keep crumbling Yugoslavia together is outrocious. Yugoslavia was a horrible HORRIBLE chimera project that should have never happened. You cannot have THAT many different cultures and religions all mixed together if one of those cultures and religions believes it is suprior to the others and needs to dominate them (Serbian Orthodox believed they were better than Croatian Catholics and Muslim Bosniaks & Albanians and they believed they should be the elite class that rule over Croatian, Albanians and Bosnian lands). Thank God it split up to what it is now (though Serbs are STILL causing Bosnians so much trouble in their own homelands with Srpska trying to snatch like 50% of the land to merge with Serbia). But yeah.

Anyways, my good sis @Regina George. I am so sorry your people had to go through a genocide in recent history. It is crazy to think a genocide occured on European land just in the 90s. The genocide in Bosnia should remind the world that not even developed regions are safe from hate and disgusting crimes against humanity. Sadly we have not learned our lessons seeing as we are STILL allowing genocides to occure like the Uighurs in China and the Rohingya in Myanmar....Thank you for sharing this post with all of GGD and I love u and Bosnia / Bosnians :heart: 

Regina George
1 minute ago, dit said:

Dua and Angelina Jolie are some of the few A listers who care about this genocide and I am grateful for them bringing light to it. I didn't know too much about it myself until I read more about it and studied a lot due to Angelina's activism about it. What the Serbian forces did just to try and artificially keep crumbling Yugoslavia together is outrocious. Yugoslavia was a horrible HORRIBLE chimera project that should have never happened. You cannot have THAT many different cultures and religions all mixed together if one of those cultures and religions believes it is suprior to the others and needs to dominate them (Serbian Orthodox believed they were better than Croatian Catholics and Muslim Bosniaks & Albanians and they believed they should be the elite class that rule over Croatian, Albanians and Bosnian lands). Thank God it split up to what it is now (though Serbs are STILL causing Bosnians so much trouble in their own homelands with Srpska trying to snatch like 50% of the land to merge with Serbia). But yeah.

Anyways, my good sis @Regina George. I am so sorry your people had to go through a genocide in recent history. It is crazy to think a genocide occured on European land just in the 90s. The genocide in Bosnia should remind the world that not even developed regions are safe from hate and disgusting crimes against humanity. Sadly we have not learned our lessons seeing as we are STILL allowing genocides to occure like the Uighurs in China and the Rohingya in Myanmar....Thank you for sharing this post with all of GGD and I love u and Bosnia / Bosnians :heart: 

This means so much to me! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Thank you for taking your time and energy to research this and to actually find out what happened and what my people and many other people went through. Love you :heart:

2 minutes ago, Regina George said:

This means so much to me! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Thank you for taking your time and energy to research this and to actually find out what happened and what my people and many other people went through. Love you :heart:

no problem at all! I wish more ppl knew of this because it is too recent to be forgotten. This is why it is so important that big celebrities talk about it to remind the world. I think this is why people like Angelina and Dua want to talk about it...to let us learn a lesson and so that people do not make these mistakes again. At least not in Europe. 

I'm actually planning to visit Bosnia with my mom some day (she knew of the war when it was happening but was only recently reminded of how horrible it was when I learned about it and talked to her some more about it). We want to see the impacts of the war and I want to encourage anyone in Europe to visit Bosnia. Almost like a pilgrimage so we can help the local economy but also so we can all learn a lesson and be reminded of how horrible people can be if left unchecked. In a way Bosnia should be Europe's Mecca or Jerusalem. A place where we learn so much simply by visiting it. We need to all visit this beautiful country to understand the depths of modern warfare's impact on a people but also to view the beauty that is at the heart of cities like Sarajevo which has a mix of Muslim, Christian and Jewish people living in peace together for ages. I feel like Bosnia is our European glimpse of the entire world all in one small country. We can all learn so much from Bosnia. 

Regina George
1 minute ago, dit said:

no problem at all! I wish more ppl knew of this because it is too recent to be forgotten. This is why it is so important that big celebrities talk about it to remind the world. I think this is why people like Angelina and Dua want to talk about it...to let us learn a lesson and so that people do not make these mistakes again. At least not in Europe. 

I'm actually planning to visit Bosnia with my mom some day (she knew of the war when it was happening but was only recently reminded of how horrible it was when I learned about it and talked to her some more about it). We want to see the impacts of the war and I want to encourage anyone in Europe to visit Bosnia. Almost like a pilgrimage so we can help the local economy but also so we can all learn a lesson and be reminded of how horrible people can be if left unchecked. In a way Bosnia should be Europe's Mecca or Jerusalem. A place where we learn so much simply by visiting it. We need to all visit this beautiful country to understand the depths of modern warfare's impact on a people but also to view the beauty that is at the heart of cities like Sarajevo which has a mix of Muslim, Christian and Jewish people living in peace together for ages. I feel like Bosnia is our European glimpse of the entire world all in one small country. We can all learn so much from Bosnia. 

I hope you'll get the chance to visit it. Sarajevo is truly such an unusual mix of every religion and every part of the world and it strangely all fits so well together. My PMs are open if you need some recommendations about what to visit and where to go. Also it is extremely cheap and you can basically stay for 10 days and spend like 100-200 euros. And yes like you said remains of war are visible all over my city that remind us all of everything that happened. City is like a huge memorial but there are also so many new and beautiful things to see that are not related to war.

6 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I hope you'll get the chance to visit it. Sarajevo is truly such an unusual mix of every religion and every part of the world and it strangely all fits so well together. My PMs are open if you need some recommendations about what to visit and where to go. Also it is extremely cheap and you can basically stay for 10 days and spend like 100-200 euros. And yes like you said remains of war are visible all over my city that remind us all of everything that happened. City is like a huge memorial but there are also so many new and beautiful things to see that are not related to war.

Thank you so much! I will for sure contact you whenever we get to visit hopefully within these next couple of years :hug: Excited to see the old history and the new elements of the city that bring hope and progress to such a beautiful country and people. :heart: 

Archived