Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

jlo’s ‘waiting for tonight’ is a cover

FentyGa

Featured Posts

FentyGa

it has recently come to my attention that jlo’s 1999 hit ‘waiting for tonight is a cover of a song by 3rd Party

not to bash ms lopez but this means she has  barely any original hits lowkey:billie:

If You Had My Love was a ripoff of a Chanté Moore song

I’m Real stole Mariah’s Loverboy sample

I’m Real remix and Ain’t It Funny Remix were obv Ashanti’s vocal, as was (i think) Love Don’t Cost A Thing

Jenny From The Block had a ghost singer (ironically enough)

Play was Christina Millian’s vocal

Get Right was written for jlo because she wanted something similar to Amerie’s 1 Thing (which she actually recorded and almost released, but Amerie leaked her own version to radio)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig

What :air:   I never knew about this, and I lowkey prefer the original one :chica:  

Is there anything in J-Lo's discography that is actually hers? :billie:

End Racism Now

Better Day

What of J. Lo’s discography isn’t a cover or a stolen sample - even Gaga is a victim 

Together You And I!

MessyTop

Omg. I had no idea!!!! Waiting for tonight is such a classic and is not even hers!! Wow. Mind blown 

mr.peter

ehh I forgive her. Leave JLO alone. :whitney: She's not the most organically talented type of artist... but She sure works hard for what she wants. Even if she has to buy songs. And the whole background vocals not being her....I think that was always the case in the 90's. They would always use a lot of vocals on a track that weren't the main artist. So that don't bug me much. 

she a free woman

MammothHonorableLemur-max-1mb.gif

tyler k

at least Let's Get Loud is her's.... right?:sweat:

.....even tho Gloria Estefan wrote it.... :smh:

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

FentyGa
9 hours ago, tmo13 said:

at least Let's Get Loud is her's.... right?:sweat:

.....even tho Gloria Estefan wrote it.... :smh:

i’d hardly call that a hit though:trollga:

KevinWright
11 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Is there anything in J-Lo's discography that is actually hers?

Booty :icega:

hieronymus
10 hours ago, mr.peter said:

ehh I forgive her. Leave JLO alone. :whitney: She's not the most organically talented type of artist... but She sure works hard for what she wants. Even if she has to buy songs. And the whole background vocals not being her....I think that was always the case in the 90's. They would always use a lot of vocals on a track that weren't the main artist. So that don't bug me much. 

she a free woman

MammothHonorableLemur-max-1mb.gif

Yeah, poor little millionaire who doesn't credit lesser known vocalists and profits off their talent

Wet Fire

I didn't know this :saladga:

The chorus of On the Floor is also apparently a ripoff of a Bollywood song. :bradley: the Bollywood song is in fact by Bappi Lahiri who claimed a year ago that Gaga had collaborated with him.

Sneaky Oliver

Her only good song for me :enigma:

Also On The Floor samples a Brazilian song 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived