💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

jlo’s ‘waiting for tonight’ is a cover

FentyGa

Featured Posts

Ricardo

:ohwell: I'm not mad, she has never sale herself as an artist but more as an entertainer, so why are we surprised 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

Rihanna is quite shady too!  SZA talked how she was intimidated by her to give her the song

What song?

She just wanted to be famous, she'd try anything to find her spot. I don't even care.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

The Child
4 hours ago, FentyGa said:

i didn’t even know the jlo song til a couple years ago:huntyga: i wasn’t alive when it came out

Oh okay. I grew up listening to her songs so I just know some facts about her career.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

MonsterofFame

This has been done many times in pop before. Waiting For Tonight isn't anymore of a cover than Rihanna's "Same 'Ol Mistakes" was of Tame Impala's "New Person, Same Old Mistakes."

It was a great song that her team probably liked so much, that they decided to re-release with a more popular artist's vocals. It's not like JLo took the song and acted like she wrote it.

38 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

This has been done many times in pop before. Waiting For Tonight isn't anymore of a cover than Rihanna's "Same 'Ol Mistakes" was of Tame Impala's "New Person, Same Old Mistakes."

Nothing Compares 2 U - Prince/Sinead O Connor
Torn - Ednaswap/Natalie Imbruglia
Killing Me Softly - Lori Liberman/The Fugees
It's My Life - Talk Talk/No Doubt
Ray of Light - Curtiss Maldoon/Madonna
Respect - Otis Redding/Aretha Franklin

so many hits that are covers and still no one gives a damn, cause it doesn't (or shouldn't) matter at all!
if y'all wanna complain about something, complain about how Elvis got the title of King of Rock when the genre was made popular by POCs. 

MonsterofFame
4 minutes ago, Luk said:

There needs to be a thread just about this!!

Here's some more:

Indiana - Tom Aspaul / Kylie Minogue
American Pie - Don McLean / Madonna

FentyGa
4 hours ago, Luk said:

so when you cover/sample another song that makes it unoriginal? RIP Crazy in Love
RIP Whitney's I Will Always Love You originally recorded and released by Dolly Parton

you should say that to Rihanna, who released a cover of Tame Impala's Same Old Mistakes 6 months after its original release

chile :triggered:

yes i think that was shitty of rihanna to do:icega: what now:billie:

also whitney and bey actually have other hits that don’t come from sampling, covering, or ripping off other people. their careers aren’t built on fraudulence

3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

What song?

consideration

FentyGa
2 hours ago, Luk said:

so many hits that are covers and still no one gives a damn, cause it doesn't (or shouldn't) matter at all!
if y'all wanna complain about something, complain about how Elvis got the title of King of Rock when the genre was made popular by POCs. 

jlo’s ghostsinging and shadiness is an issue for that same reason, she’s profiting off of black women like ashanti, mariah, and chanté moore

FentyGa
7 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

This explains it all. 

yeah god forbid someone young has something to say:lana:

FfFfFfFF

J-Lo importing melodies and samples from already released songs into her discography, who would have thought? :billie:

3 hours ago, FentyGa said:

yes i think that was shitty of rihanna to do:icega: what now:billie:

that shows your lack of taste
grow up

gypsy101
6 hours ago, MonsterofFame said:

It was a great song that her team probably liked so much, that they decided to re-release with a more popular artist's vocals. It's not like JLo took the song and acted like she wrote it.

covers used to be done very often in pop music. back in like the 60s and earlier lots of artists would record the same song, especially in the time when songwriters were the big deal with people like Gershwin, Kern, Rodgers & Hart, Jule Styne.

Archived