💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Is Perfect Illusion More Liked Now?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

I’ve stanned Perfect Illusion from day 1, and to this date I still rank it as my top #1 Gaga song. :vegas:

However, most of the fan base didn’t care for it or like it for so long. :crossed:

Until recently when a restaurant played Perfect Illusion to push protestors away: 

It seems many more fans love the song now than back then. What has changed? 

source.gif

source.gif

rLS.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RenegAde

I have always loved it but i guess its one of those songs that standout in gagas discography since its sound is so distinctive fans would naturally  gain more respect for it as time goes on 

lifeasgeorge

It's always been a bop, a lot of people just disliked it because it didn't do well on the charts and they listen to whatever the charts tell them is good :reductive:

live and let live

Poissonche
2 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

I-

it-wasnt-laaaaahv-it-wasnt-laaaahvit-was

I've had enough, this is my prayer- woop wrong song anyway stream PI

RenegAde
10 minutes ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

If I had to pick a song to scare away someone i'd choose perfect illusion too :huntyga:

tumblr-nk7h84-A6pt1qk08n1o1-500.gif

I wonder if perfect illusion was on here, is that what gaga used to chase oprah?:yennefer:

shoful

If you are referring to my post about it being her best song... I’ve been saying that since 2016 and I stand by it! Check my posts :vegas:

But a lot of people did hate it back then for some reason

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

FfFfFfFF

I think songs get better with time most of the times. People need time to get used to the sound and let it grow on them. 

Regina George

The only thing I don't like about PI to this day is the fact it's so repetitive and it's video. 

I feel like Perfect Illusion is a song that disappointed a lot of people because of their expectations, if you were expecting it to be a return to dance and synthpop, you were disappointed; if you were expecting some sort of ballad or something like a fusion of her past work with C2C, you were disappointed, cause it goes in neither of those directions. If you are like me and you don't put Gaga in a cage, you most likely liked Perfect Illusion (keywords: most likely; I'm aware that it was hard to digest even to the open minded). Now, 4 years and a half years later, people are looking back with different eyes and no expectations and realizing it's actually a Bop™. 

Archived