💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Is Perfect Illusion More Liked Now?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

YourEnigma

I believe that now, after Gaga has worked on more musical aspects than dance pop, it is easy to appreciate this wronged anthem. Unfortunately we were not prepared in 2016 for PI.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YourEnigma

This does not stop me from thinking that Perfect Illusion is not the best choice for a lead single. The lyrics are very generic. As much as Stupid Love. I really hope she will be able to deliver more powerful lead singles in the future. Joanne, however is not a hit album, any choice would have been very difficult, but maybe Diamond Heart to show maturity or AYO to show a pop country side would have been more interesting choices

i liked it from the beginning. I knew it was not going to be a hit single and tbh to this day I dont understand why they made such a loud and screechy song the lead single from Joanne when much of Joanne is soft rock esque but I ALWAYS loved the song. I'm glad a lot of fans are treating it fairly now and see it as a gem in her discography to some extent. 

9 minutes ago, YourEnigma said:

This does not stop me from thinking that Perfect Illusion is not the best choice for a lead single. The lyrics are very generic. As much as Stupid Love. I really hope she will be able to deliver more powerful lead singles in the future. Joanne, however is not a hit album, any choice would have been very difficult, but maybe Diamond Heart to show maturity or AYO to show a pop country side would have been more interesting choices

absolutely agree with u. For me Perfect Illusion has always been one of my favorite Gaga songs EVER. I just would NEVER had made it a lead single from Joanne. Much of Joanne is not commercial but like u said Diamond Heart would have probably done better as a lead single and it represents the album better because the album is more soft rock - pop rock and a little country and all of that is in Diamond Heart. Perfect Illusion is like psychodelic pop rock and it does not represent the album well. Not to mention it is super loud and screechy and radio will NOT touch anything like that at all. Also as u mentioned Stupid Love was also a VERY bad lead single choice tbh. Chromatica had tons of better songs to represent it. I think in general Gaga hasn't been good with her lead singles. The only time I agreed with her lead single choice was Just Dance, Bad Romance and Applause. Born This Way's lead single hsould have been The Edge of Glory imo and Born This Way song should have been the second single. Joanne's lead should have been Diamond Heart or something else. Chromatica's lead single should have been something else as well. Hope her next album's lead single is the PERFECT lead single because she can;t afford to keep releasing dud lead singles and just relying on future singles in an era to carry an album. It's not always guaranteed that a 2nd or 3rd single will be a hit where as lead singles have momentum so I hope she picks the right single next time. 

YourEnigma
2 minutes ago, dit said:

absolutely agree with u. For me Perfect Illusion has always been one of my favorite Gaga songs EVER. I just would NEVER had made it a lead single from Joanne. Much of Joanne is not commercial but like u said Diamond Heart would have probably done better as a lead single and it represents the album better because the album is more soft rock - pop rock and a little country and all of that is in Diamond Heart. Perfect Illusion is like psychodelic pop rock and it does not represent the album well. Not to mention it is super loud and screechy and radio will NOT touch anything like that at all. Also as u mentioned Stupid Love was also a VERY bad lead single choice tbh. Chromatica had tons of better songs to represent it. I think in general Gaga hasn't been good with her lead singles. The only time I agreed with her lead single choice was Just Dance, Bad Romance and Applause. Born This Way's lead single hsould have been The Edge of Glory imo and Born This Way song should have been the second single. Joanne's lead should have been Diamond Heart or something else. Chromatica's lead single should have been something else as well. Hope her next album's lead single is the PERFECT lead single because she can;t afford to keep releasing dud lead singles and just relying on future singles in an era to carry an album. It's not always guaranteed that a 2nd or 3rd single will be a hit where as lead singles have momentum so I hope she picks the right single next time. 

Honestly, sis ... it seems that after ARTPOP they always prefer to choose a universal theme song. In the case of Perfect Illusion, it is a silly lyric of disillusionment and is the busiest on the album. In general, I love Perfect Illusion, but as a lead single, I didn't do anything for Gaga. Diamond Heart, she would have continued the theme of the sexual warning that she addressed so much in Till It Happens To You earlier in 2016 and would be more direct in the sense of capturing the adult audience that Million Reasons later achieved. Sometimes it is necessary to take the risk completely and it seems that in PI they only wanted to go halfway. Stupid Love, on the other hand, seems an even more misguided choice. The song manages to be one of the most silly of the album and finally combines nothing with the mature image that Gaga had passed in ASIB. It could have been a single promo. The lead I would choose for Chromy would be Enigma or Alice.

Oriane
13 hours ago, lifeasgeorge said:

It's always been a bop, a lot of people just disliked it because it didn't do well on the charts and they listen to whatever the charts tell them is good :reductive:

Yes, we had the proof with Shallow, I remember how everyone here was saying it was meh at first, and suddenly when it was trending and had an Oscar, everyone loved it.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Probably one of her best songs, it gives some rock vibes that I really expect from her for her next era (i wish)

Schwerk

Live I was living for it and the energy. In everyday live I rarely play it because it makes me feel rushed or something, hard to explain. She sounds a bit pushy to me because it's so repetitive, I tend to think yes girl, I heard you the first time, calm down :huntyga: Unless I play it super loud I'm still not that into it. 

At the time I didn't have super high expectations, but I did expect a lead single a bit more radio friendly. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Archived