Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Is Perfect Illusion More Liked Now?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Chromatica Island
6 hours ago, emig09 said:

Cause LM can't enjoy the moment.

They just complain about everything when songs are released. Same happened to Stupid Love.

Stupid Love is basically the synth pop version of PI, it will be appreciated in 4 years like PI

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gorehound
6 minutes ago, Monsterabriel said:

They have no taste then

Lol

Thats a bit ignorant to say. They're a pretty successful group of producers, music scholars, writers and performers. Including Shy Luv who are on Spotify and have toured the world. 

So ye I think they've got pretty good taste thanks.

I'm fine, Ta

Chromatica Island
2 minutes ago, Art Police said:

Lol

Thats a bit ignorant to say. They're a pretty successful group of producers, music scholars, writers and performers. Including Shy Luv who are on Spotify and have toured the world. 

So ye I think they've got pretty good taste thanks.

Maybe I am ignorant, just my opinion, we all have different tastes in music, so it's ok.

Gorehound
Just now, Monsterabriel said:

Maybe I am ignorant, just my opinion, we all have different tastes in music, so it's ok.

Of course it is 

But it's not a good look to judge others taste when its a matter of opinion.  

I'm fine, Ta

Chromatica Island
1 minute ago, Art Police said:

Of course it is 

But it's not a good look to judge others taste when its a matter of opinion.  

True

Radio Ga Ga

Because we didnt appreciate PI back then so gaga punished us by releasing stupid love as lead single so some of us are learning to appreciate PI more now

Spoiler

:teehee:

I liked it then and I like it now, but it's not easy listening! It's a bit abrasive and commands your attention, which is great when you wanna blast some tunes and dance and sing, but it's difficult to have on repeat in the background, like as part of a study playlist.

People already posted several reasons why it had a rough reception among fans at the time of its release, and I think that's another one -- a lot of people here listen to new Gaga music over and over and over, back to back to back, and PI would wear thin really quickly because of how it sounds.

So I think it's a solid song, but it's better to be used sparingly instead of having it on constant repeat, if you don't want it to get irritating.

⚡🐲

Delulu Rogers

I still dislike the song and think it is the worst single choice ever made. It’s too repetitive and not in a good way and she is literally screaming at you 

LOVE JUNKIE

I didn't like Perfect Illusion the first time I heard it, but it grew on me after about a week and then I ended up really liking it despite finding the pacing and structure of the song a bit off-putting. I figured it'd be more of a "sleeper hit" among monsters and I've seen some people shift their view on it over the years. It was kind of a weird choice as a lead single, but it was forward thinking and has aged well into the current music landscape with its 80s pop/rock influence (artists like Dua Lipa, Miley Cyrus, The Weeknd, etc. have popularized this style in recent years). Gaga generally tends to be ahead of the curve when it comes to trends in popular music and I don't think Perfect Illusion was any exception to that.

tldr; PI aged well

on a three day bender

Bella Goth

trust me, she either a moment or ahead of her time, all her songs will resurface and become a hit again after years. you know legend behavior

Bella Goth
22 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

I still dislike the song and think it is the worst single choice ever made. It’s too repetitive and not in a good way and she is literally screaming at you 

and thats the point of the song honestly, rage over an illusion

TSUNAMI
9 hours ago, Red said:

I feel like Perfect Illusion is a song that disappointed a lot of people because of their expectations, if you were expecting it to be a return to dance and synthpop, you were disappointed; if you were expecting some sort of ballad or something like a fusion of her past work with C2C, you were disappointed, cause it goes in neither of those directions. If you are like me and you don't put Gaga in a cage, you most likely liked Perfect Illusion (keywords: most likely; I'm aware that it was hard to digest even to the open minded). Now, 4 years and a half years later, people are looking back with different eyes and no expectations and realizing it's actually a Bop™. 

I always say that I want her to do metal/rock album. 

PI was such a refreshing song. And the belting is fabulous 😍

Archived