💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Could applause have gone #1 if performed at the YT music awards?

Delulu Rogers

Featured Posts

Delulu Rogers

I’ve been in an ARTPOP nostalgic mood lately and I wonder if applause would have gone to #1 if she performed that instead of dope. Dope went to #8 so I think it’s possible that applause could have been pushed to the top spot. It probably would have made a huge difference on the era too cause I’m sure if the lead went #1 a lot of the backlash and negativity surrounding applause and ARTPOP would have disappeared. Ugh I just think of all the songs that could have been #1 if they had pushed more and been properly promoted (Not that applause wasn’t). Thoughts? 

Anderson123

I'm not a little chartser but I think Applause debuted at #4 in August and the YT Awards were a little before ARTPOP was released (November) so by that time Applause wasn't really in the top 10 anymore. Dope debuted at #8 because it was released as a promo single that weekend, it was just a lucky debut. If the VMAs didn't make it peak higher then the YouTube Awards were not gonna do anything else. They were already moving to the album's second single Do What U Want by that time.

Poissonche

People are always like "what if she had performed Applause instead?", but what about "what if Dope had been the lead single?". Would have been amazing.

stevana229

Applause could have gone number 1 if it wasn't released when Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus were practically at their peak. Wrecking Ball, We Cant Stop and Roar were all HUGE at the top. too much good pop music released at once. 

Anderson123
16 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

People are always like "what if she had performed Applause instead?", but what about "what if Dope had been the lead single?". Would have been amazing.

Actually Troy wanted Dope as a single because of Lorde and Adele's success, they wanted a ballad. She didn't want them to mold her into the popstar they wanted so she was being a rebel at that time. Dope is a great song but I kind of feel like she was pressured to change it and include it on the album.

Edit: I could be wrong about this by the way but I'm pretty sure it's from a recent Chromatica interview, I can't find it.

Reject False Icons

Why the YouTube awards are not a thing anymore, at least they had some drama, M.I.A. was talking about that Twitter ban, Gaga shook everyone with her fake teeth 

41 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

Applause could have gone number 1 if it wasn't released when Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus were practically at their peak. Wrecking Ball, We Cant Stop and Roar were all HUGE at the top. too much good pop music released at once. 

you are forgetting blurred lines, they were the ultimate blocker of those 4 months 

HausOfAntonio
45 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

Define good :oprah:

:creepflop:

imo gaga didnt want to perform it so applause will stop rising the charts since she didnt want it to be a single

but not sure about #1 but definitely top 3

... and now i just sit in silence.

Delulu Rogers
52 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I'm not a little chartser but I think Applause debuted at #4 in August and the YT Awards were a little before ARTPOP was released (November) so by that time Applause wasn't really in the top 10 anymore. Dope debuted at #8 because it was released as a promo single that weekend, it was just a lucky debut. If the VMAs didn't make it peak higher then the YouTube Awards were not gonna do anything else. They were already moving to the album's second single Do What U Want by that time.

True that makes sense. Ugh imagine her performing venus or gypsy then and having those songs gain some traction 

Delulu Rogers
50 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Actually Troy wanted Dope as a single because of Lorde and Adele's success, they wanted a ballad. She didn't want them to mold her into the popstar they wanted so she was being a rebel at that time. Dope is a great song but I kind of feel like she was pressured to change it and include it on the album.

Edit: I could be wrong about this by the way but I'm pretty sure it's from a recent Chromatica interview, I can't find it.

What really? I've never heard this. Idk if that's true cause adele and lorde still had ballads that were upbeat kinda or relatable. Dope is just sad and dark. Also didn't gaga say that sex dreams was the OG lead single?

whoresup

Applause came out in August and the YouTube Music Awards were in November so it had already passed its chance

Archived