💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

It's time for a difficult conversation, Lil Managers...

Cameltoe Chariot

Featured Posts

Cameltoe Chariot

I think it’s high time we address the elephant in the room: we as a fanbase have a problem with holding our fave to an impossibly high standard and being far too critical of her career decisions.

Today we witnessed history and worldwide critical acclaim with Gaga’s inauguration performance - a performance that was made possible by months of training, preparation, and the bravery it took to perform in the capitol after an attempted coup and a threat level unmatched by previous inaugurations. We’re all happy now, gushing over her vocals, her look, her passion and universal acclaim - but if you think I’m not going to give y’all a reality check on how many users on this site have dragged her through the pits of hell over the past couple of months you’re sorely mistaken :triggered:

I’ve been on this site since it launched, and I have never seen the level of criticism and negativity towards her like I have over the past 4 or 5 months. Thread after thread, comment after comment, “Gaga’s lost her voice,” “Gaga has no passion”, “She’s given up”… I’m not suggesting that we need to all be in this hive mind of positivity or blindly follow everything Gaga does, but YET AGAIN after a period of silence she hits the stage and literally blows the world away, disproving all of the needlessly negative chatter that has been flooding this site.

We do not work intimately with her team, we do not know about everything that goes on behind the scenes, and what may seem like silence or disinterest is more often than not due to the hard work she and her team put in to make career-defining moments like this inauguration performance. You might be pissed that your alleged Sour Candy video hasn’t dropped yet, but today’s performance is the type of moment in an artist’s career that cements them in history, and this one in particular reminded the entire world what a once-in-a-lifetime talent Lady Gaga is.

There was a thread awhile back about how Taylor Swift has the closest relationship with her fanbase out of any of the Main Pop Girls, and I added to that conversation by saying that this was due to the fact that out of all of them Taylor has the most loyal and positive fan base so she has actual incentive to stay close to them. They lift her up, support her career movies and celebrate her work because they love what she does. And here we are, the OG rabid millennial fanbase “Little Monsters”, some of us visibly excited by the opportunity to drag and criticize Gaga. It’s kind of f*cked up. I hope after today we can start moving forward in a positive direction, where we stop defaulting to dragging and reading her, and making her work out to be a joke.

The rest of the world thinks she’s an icon… so when are we going to start treating her like one?

Es-MUTrx-W4-AIX9-HX.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatica Island

I agree with all of this, this fanbase is really toxic, that's why I took a break from this site for a couple of months.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Rahrahbitchson

I love who she has become, she is very talented in so many ways, seeing her around all those powerful people, like you dont see taylor or dua or all those pop chart queens around this people, gaga looks powerful that releasing a video of "sour candy" dancing or whatever looks pathetic at this point, she is in another league and is time you guys get used to it. Period

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Serial Chiller

Preach it. 

I'm so sick of coming here every day to see whining threads. Worse off, they try to justify their whining by making it about Gaga's lack of integrity and loss of drive. And they don't shut up. It's the same point being tossed around over and over and over again. 

We get it. You're disappointed about Chromatica. Me too. But to hate Gaga for not putting out pop music videos and performances during a time of turmoil and uncertainty where more important issues call for attention IS DUMB and entitled as fuk. 

Don't come here with the 'bUt sHe dId oReOs aNd hAuS lAbS sHe a SeLlOuT' Well, technically there was one video of her on her bed with a package of oreos so yeah, so much dedication for that. For all we know, she signed up for these projects to support Chromatica - like LG with 911, but current events force her out of her conscience and morality to shelve them. 

Jewels n Drugs

"The rest of the world thinks she’s an icon… so when are we going to start treating her like one?" :applause:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

ALGAYDO

Exactly. It’s one thing to give constructive criticism or to state disappointment (e.g., “this particular look wasn’t her best,” “I wish she would do more promo in places outside the US,” “she would really shine brighter as a rock artist instead of a pop one,” etc.) and its another to just be a nasty bítch (e.g., “she’s lazy,” “she’s boring af now,” “she needs to stfu about Haus Rats,” etc.). A lot of people here don’t understand the difference 

her biggest haters are her fans 

Jewels n Drugs

No matter how the eras go, Gaga always has been in a league of her own and thats why i stan :heart:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Chromatica Island
4 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I lowered my expectations a lot after Chromatica :huntyga:

You really are a sad one, her performing at the f#cking inauguration was not enough for you, plus we are in a pandemic, so she can't do a lot for Chromatica at this point, yes I'm sad about it, but I still enjoy the album, it's her best one to date musically. 

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

It annoys me today after she had a incredible day where she made history and was glowing and STILL people found something to complain about. SMH :awkney:

Tinnitus15
Just now, Jewels n Drugs said:

"The rest of the world thinks she’s an icon… so when are we going to start treating her like one?" :applause:

Tbh I don’t think we are treating  her the worst..watching how LMS defend her from all the other fanbases hate and today’s excitement and trending how proud we are i could tell that we have ups and downs sometimes...Maybe some are dragging her for promo but at the end of the day we are still loving her 

Tinnitus15
Just now, Enno said:

About pop music it's true

Not you coming in a thread where we complains abut monsters like you :billie:

Rat Boy

I do agree that people here expect too much from her. They hold her to a standard that they wouldn't hold themselves (or anyone else) to. 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived