Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

BTW lyrics: Transgendered or Transgender

DoctorScent

Featured Posts

DoctorScent

A little gramar question

I was always singing ''Transgender life'' in BTW song with genius.com lyrics

Now I checked on her booklet, picture disc and google lyrics and it's: Transgendered

I'm still learning english so I'd like to know which is correct. Thank you!

LittleMonster20

Transgender.

Transgendered isn’t a word, although as a trans person myself a lot of people use it.

I think you're overestimating our English grammar knowledge, but I think both are valid :poot: I'll get ready to be proven wrong tho

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Just now, LittleMonster20 said:

Transgendered isn’t a word, although as a trans person myself a lot of people use it.

It is a word since people use it. It may not be in the dictionary but if people use it I think it's valid. I may be wrong.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

LittleMonster20
1 minute ago, Jill said:

It is a word since people use it. It may not be in the dictionary but if people use it I think it's valid. I may be wrong.

Well yeah it is a word of course but it’s not correct. Just like ‘transgenders’. Wrong terminology basically.

DoctorScent

Just now, Justin Drew Bieber said:

To be fair, the booklet has several typos.

Yeah I know...every Gaga album has a typo lol... but I thought that the picture disc wouldn't lie as there is just BTW song lyrics there on the back...guess they didn't care back then haha (and still don't care)

I Think I'm gonna create a thread with all lyrics from booklet typos lol

DoctorScent

I think I found a great explenation. So the word is correct but we shouldn't use it. So the biggest LGBT anthem AKA Born This Way is gonna offend transgender people? (or Gaga don't sing ''Transgendered''?)

Transgendered (Verb).

Using transgender as a verb (e.g. transgendered) suggests that being transgender is something that happened to a person rather than reflecting who they actually are. For example, we don't say “John Smith is a gayed man”; therefore, we wouldn't say “Joanne Smith is a transgendered woman”.

GagaSine

I’ve seen many trans people say that they prefer “transgender” to “transgendered”, and I think Gaga sings “transgender” for a few years now

Just now, MisterDeDe said:

So we should ask Gaga again? :saladga:

I mean, we can sure ask, now if she's going to reply.... unclear.

GagaSine
Just now, MisterDeDe said:

So we should ask Gaga again? :saladga:

No, it’s clear she just used the wrong/outdated term in the song and has since course corrected. Born This Way lyrics are just a bit messy (chola & orient made were also choices :bear:)

Kadikaado

I always heard transgendered, and I think she meant it as a verb like someone who lives a life being trans.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Archived