Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Paulina Rubio reportedly joining The Real Housewives of Miami

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Paulina Rubio might have to prepare a petty tagline soon. The Mexican pop icon is in talks to join the cast of The Real Housewives of Miami , according to a Page Six report from today (Jan. 13).

The Real Housewives of Miami, also referred to as RHOM, aired on Bravo for three seasons from 2011 to 2013. It was the seventh installment in The Real Housewives franchise that started with Orange County in 2006. According to Page Six, Bravo is “revisiting” RHOM and is in “preliminary conversations for [the show’s] potential return.”

The report divulges that along with including some cast members from RHOM‘s original run, Bravo is looking at Rubio and Orianne Cevey, the ex-wife of Phil Collins, as potential new additions to the show. Paulina was born in Mexico City, but she currently lives in Miami with her two children.

Rubio is no stranger to reality television. In 2013, she was a judge on the American spinoff of The X Factor alongside Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato and Kelly Rowland. The year prior, she was a judge on La Voz…México alongside Jenni Rivera, Miguel Bosé and Beto Cuevas. To let cameras inside her home to film her family life and to get to know Miami’s other affluent “housewives” would be a different kind of reality beast.

If Rubio is cast in a revival of RHOM, it will be the first time that a major Latin pop star is included on one of the American franchises. Former Housewives of Beverly Hills star Joyce Giraud created Estrella TV’s Rica, Famosa, Latina that was inspired by the Bravo series. Notable cast members included Jenni’s sister, Rosie Rivera, and Latina meme queen Niurka Marcos.

As far as music, in a recent Instagram story, Rubio promised “more new music soon.” She’s nominated at this year’s Premio Lo Nuestro for Best Cumbia Song for her comeback hit “Tú y Yo” with Raymix.

• Bambino changed the title to Paulina Rubio reportedly joining The Real Housewives of Miami
Bambino

Another source is reporting it

Another name rumored to be joining the cast is singer

Paula Rubio.

Which one of you wrote her name like that? :toofunny:

BLACKOUTbritney

Miami was a great franchise. Was surprised when it was cancelled :diane:

ZiggyZiggs

Apparently Wendy Williams is in talks to be a housewife or a friend to the housewives. This could end up being the best one lol

CantGetEnough

I love Paulina and I think she's above joining one of these franchises. :/ 

I get Beverly Hills and Atlanta perhaps wasn't bad for Kandi or actresses like Eileen Davidson or Garcelle...but idk...

OMG, I loved the Miami housewives! I haven't watched it properly in years, but I'm tempted to with this series coming back. I wonder if any of the ones from the original series are coming back?

FrederickSpears
10 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Paulina is fluent in English? 

She did The X Factor and sounded like she knew english well

FrederickSpears

I may have to watch this! I was surprised when Miami was cancelled. I hope they bring back SOME of the OG cast.

Bambino
On 1/20/2021 at 11:32 AM, Dulo Peep said:

will you be watching? 

We can all use some of Paulina's messiness tbh

On 1/20/2021 at 3:10 PM, ZiggyZiggs said:

Apparently Wendy Williams is in talks to be a housewife or a friend to the housewives. This could end up being the best one lol

Definitely :toofunny:

Archived