Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Olivia Rodrigo: Youngest artist to top BBH100 since Billie Eilish

Runway

Featured Posts

Justin Drew Bieber
3 hours ago, GeeYewWhai said:

Lol at the billie hate. I’m sorry but billie is a far more interesting and compelling artist. Let’s see if olivia rodrigo’s album does as well as billie’s?

And if it does better what will you say :oprah:

Morphine Prince

The fact Billie is on y’all minds when talking about this girl who has a completely different vibe :billie: 

Billie remains unbothered :billie: 

drivers license is great and the more I listen the more I’m into it. Congrats to this girl! I’m always here for new artists and new songs smashing. 

TimisaMonster

Idg the love for this song? People just love to jump on the popular bandwagon and wanna be the first to make tik tok videos using it, stream it, watch it, discuss it on Twitter, etc...

The song is so basic but congrats to her...Billie is probably like I hope this doesn't win 10 grammys next year :billie:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

15 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

People just love to jump on the popular bandwagon and wanna be the first to make tik tok videos using it, stream it, watch it, discuss it on Twitter, etc...

But the "popular bandwagon" started for a reason, it wasn't always there. And by that same logic every single release that has a little bit of success would debut at #1, which is nowhere near the case.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Runway

Edit: billboard made a mistake. Olivia Rodrigo is the youngest since Billie

this was the original tweet for reference :flower:

302501-A9-330-F-4539-A462-E57-E02801-B0-B.png?dl=1

gypsy101
4 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

Billie rn tenor.gif?itemid=8620703

billie was younger though lol

shes the youngest since billie

gypsy101
3 hours ago, MadreMonster said:

Wasn’t Billie 17 when she got her number 1? Or did she just turn 18 when that song topped the chart?

billie was 17 years 8 months, olivia is 17 years 11 months. billboard i think originally said olivia was younger than billie but corrected it to say she’s the youngest since billie

4 hours ago, Runway said:

People are jealous about her achieving MPG Status in 1 week while some of their faves took years. getting stans pressed is really mpg vibes :heart: 

Let's not exaggerate lol

I'm VERY happy for her, I love seeing new artists succeed and I wish her the very best! But you can't call a one-week-old singer a “main pop girl”, especially in the streaming age. Ariana needed to have five album with plenty of hits before being considered a main pop girl. It's a matter of impact and “TABS”. Or we just have a different definition of the term. Maybe PSY is a main pop boy for you:shrug:

MadreMonster
2 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

billie was 17 years 8 months, olivia is 17 years 11 months. billboard i think originally said olivia was younger than billie but corrected it to say she’s the youngest since billie

Still so impressive! I’m happy for her and hope she has a good team around her to balance her mental health with all the new found fame

Flawless

lmao at the billie x olivia stan :billie:

for now, just one of them have an interesting sound, let's see if this changes in the future

the scars on my mind are on replay.

GeeYewWhai
4 hours ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

And if it does better what will you say :oprah:

congrats or nothing I guess. Not indicative of equal talent. I brought up the numbers not as a measure of quality but success compared to billie. 

Nothing Happened

Archived