BORN THIS WAY ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

politics

Biden speech plans to highlight "Unity"

Woolfsmck

Featured Posts

Woolfsmck

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-s-inauguration-speech-to-emphasize-american-unity/ar-BB1cTc7U?ocid=msedgntp

This is my primary concern and reason for choosing Biden as the next President...

All the conservative / liberal bashing needs to stop if we, the US as a nation, are going to move forward and solve the problems currently plaguing the country and the world..

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true
  • Like 1
bionic

'Unity' is dead. Why would we want to unite with millions of people who literally supported and attempted to overthrow the constitution and install their own dictator?

The Dems always fall back onto this (alongside 'moving on') and its the party's biggest weakness.

buy bionic
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
bionic

You'd think Biden would have learned from Obama's mistake in doing this exact same thing (a failure which led to Trump), seeing as he was VP during it.

buy bionic
Woolfsmck
1 minute ago, bionic said:

'Unity' is dead. Why would we want to unite with millions of people who literally supported and attempted to overthrow the constitution and install their own dictator?

The Dems always fall back onto this (alongside 'moving on') and its the party's biggest weakness.

The FBI and other law enforcement entities are addressing this and many arrests are being made .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/california-man-arrested-for-possession-of-machine-guns-5-pipe-bombs-15-000-rounds-of-ammo-police/ar-BB1cS0t2?ocid=msedgntp

Also, these kinds of people in the link are first and foremost enemies to the United States...

but saying every conservative / republican or whatever falls into this catigory isn't true..

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true
Cookie Woman
2 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

but saying every conservative / republican or whatever falls into this catigory isn't true..

Where was that said? Or even implied?

Edited by Cookie Woman
https://youtu.be/IGWz5psncCI
bionic
3 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

The FBI and other law enforcement entities are addressing this and many arrests are being made .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/california-man-arrested-for-possession-of-machine-guns-5-pipe-bombs-15-000-rounds-of-ammo-police/ar-BB1cS0t2?ocid=msedgntp

Also, these kinds of people in the link are first and foremost enemies to the United States...

70 million voted for Trump and even if we assume only 5% of those support his coup, that's still nearly 4 million Americans who despise democracy and the constitution

buy bionic
Woolfsmck
5 minutes ago, Cookie Woman said:

Where was that said? Or even implied?

Read Bionic's posts ...

13 minutes ago, bionic said:

Unity' is dead. Why would we want to unite with millions of people who literally supported and attempted to overthrow the constitution and install their own dictator?

70 million voted for Trump and even if we assume only 5% of those support his coup, that's still nearly 4 million Americans who despise democracy and the constitution

I don't believe Biden is referring to these individuals with his goals, they need to be jailed and punished.

Also, those vote for Trump don't hate or despise democracy,  many simply vote Republican much like Liberal voters ...

Simply following party politics gets you leadership like Trump.. and it goes both ways.

Edited by Woolfsmck
Woolfsmck
Just now, Dulo Peep said:

Peaceful times are upon our USA sistrens

We need more positive approach ... that's for sure...

• Like 1
Cookie Woman
5 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

Read Bionic's posts ...

I don't believe Biden is referring to these individuals with his goals, they need to be jailed and punished.

Also, those vote for Trump don't hate or despise democracy,  many simply vote Republican much like Liberal voters ...

Simply following party politics gets you leadership like Trump.. and it goes both ways.

You're somehow doing a lot of reaching and also underselling.

https://youtu.be/IGWz5psncCI
bionic
6 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

Read Bionic's post ...

Sorry I definitely don't mean to tar all Trump voters/REpublicans/Conservatives with the same brush, I have voted Republican before and would again in the future (minimal choice where I am). But even if just 200 or so people stormed the Capitol, thousands if not millions support it and wished it would succeed, even if they'd never do it themselves. This is something we can't unify with. The pervasive ideology rather than those who action it.  

buy bionic
  • Like 1
PunkTheFunk

The "Unity" ship sailed a long time ago. American society is deeply divided and it's going to take a lot more than empty words like "unity" and "healing" to fix it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
FATCAT
33 minutes ago, bionic said:

He's not pandering unity for unities sake, he's literally trying to do his best to hold the country together. He can do that while he cleans up Trump's mess & helps push through meaningful legislation. Unity is locking up the capitol terrorists. Unity is holding those in congress who tried to divide us, accountable. 

speak softly and carry a big stick.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 2
Woolfsmck
35 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

He's not pandering unity for unities sake, he's literally trying to do his best to hold the country together. He can do that while he cleans up Trump's mess & helps push through meaningful legislation. Unity is locking up the capitol terrorists. Unity is holding those in congress who tried to divide us, accountable. 

speak softly and carry a big stick.

good points...

MJHolland

Like I understand where the anti-unity-rhetoric people are coming from but...

... what else do you want Biden to say here? That it’s time for liberals to start punching conservatives whenever we see them?

Unity rhetoric > divisive rhetoric any day

• Thanks 1