Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Arson attack on gay adult performer, potential hate crime

Supersonic

Adult performer Matthew Camp woke up in the early morning hours of January 14 to find his home in Poughkeepsie, New York had been set ablaze in an apparent hate crime.

“An arsonist poured gasoline on the front porch of my home and set it on fire in an apparent hate crime,” writes Camp in an Instagram post. “I was asleep inside. I am alive to face this person one day but everything I have ever owned is gone.”

“Share this story because queer people are still under attack all over the world,” added Camp. “Our voices will not be silenced.”

A home security camera captured the arsonist coming up the steps of Camp’s home just seconds before the blaze and splashing a liquid (presumably gasoline) all over the front porch. The time stamp on the video shows it was 5:09 am. 

https://instinctmagazine.com/camp-everything-i-have-ever-owned-is-gone/

His instagram post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKMBKBxpxTt/?utm_source=ig_embed

• Shook 1
  • Sad 6

FreeBritney

This is so sad. I hope people donate to this guy and help him out :(

chromatic puzea

house fires are so devastating. not only do you lose all of your memories and belongings, but you lose your home, a place where you should always be able feel safe. I wouldn't wish this on anyone so it's so heart breaking and freightening to see queer people targetted for such a hateful crime.

thank you @frederiickx for posting the gofundme link

stay safe LMs:heart:

hard to even fathom which parts you should believe

HEARTSTOP

I just know it was a petty gay with internalized homophobia...it always is :wtf:

Send nudes
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1