💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga’s longest standing ovation

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

Justin Drew Bieber

Even Bradley and Meryl Streep! And then to have Julie Andrews come out and hug you omg :giveup: and then at 5:07 you can hear Gaga’s tears of joy 

HausOfAntonio

Gaga could perform any MPG’s performances but none of them could EVER do this :firega:

16 minutes ago, L E O said:

Not that LQ cut version pls 💀

I was fully prepared to see it in full again :rip: 

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Catnikko

i still can't believe i only found out about this performance like a year ago :air: 

she ****ing killed it

Gaga Lazuli

I remember seeing it live and thinking it wasn’t Gaga when she started singing. I was shoooook!!! 

Little Monsters Torture Me

Economy

This was truly a career defining moment and i remember how many ppl were shook that Gaga could do such a tone down but powerful performance like that esoecially vocally. It also got a lot of attention cuz it was relatively "normal" while Gaga was known for just being way too weird and extra

This is the moment where she started to really reverse her dying career and started gaining respect and set her up for longevity even tho Cheeck to Cheeck had started that to some extent

This performance was actually a huge deal

PS: it bugs me that the most viewed video of this performance ruined the continuity of video and somehow swaped scenes and now its what ppl see when they search it up :saladga:

I remember reading comment boxes, forums after the performance... full of shock and praise for Gaga's performance. It was in the local primetime newscast as well. It was sooo  a goood time to be a Little Monster.

1 hour ago, Hebi said:

You know you're a fan when you know the answer just by reading the title :ally:

I know, right?

This was legendary. Like others have said, it was a turning point in her career because people outside of the usual Little Monsters community realized how freaking talented she is, that she's not just a pop singer that dressed to shock and get attention (non-LMs to this day still don't understand what all that was about anyway, but at least they realize there was more to her). I remember thinking to myself "heck yeah, Gaga, show the rest of the world what we've all been talking about!". I had a very similar feeling during the Super Bowl performance.

Julie Andrews coming out at the end of this was the cherry on top.

Conversation between Billboard and Julie Andrews:

BILLBOARD: I wanted to ask you about Lady Gaga's Oscar performance--

Wasn't she stunningly good? 

She was delightful. 

I've always been a fan but she just knocked it out of the ballpark that night. I was thrilled by her and for her. I thought it was so lovely.

Were you able to talk to her at all afterwards? 

Yes. Each of us ducked out fairly quickly, but I phoned her the moment I got home and we had about a good 25-minute chat. Which was lovely, because I'd never met her before! The first time I'd ever spoke to her, other than once on the phone, was as I walked onstage. 

Oh wow.

But she did call me about 10 days before to make sure I wasn't in any way unhappy or upset that she was doing this. And of course I wasn't. I said, "Just have a good time and enjoy it! Go for it!" She said she wanted to do it as a tribute to me, and she was singing everything in my key, to which I said, "Why? It's so high!" And she said, "Because I wanted to honor you." She just, having done so brilliantly that night, then gave the evening to me on a platter, so to speak, and was very generous about it. 

Yes, when you came out after that performance you could tell the audience was so excited. That had to be so gratifying for you.

It was lovely! And I was very busy at that time concentrating on her because I felt I had to get to her and tell her how great it was. It's only by seeing a little clip of it afterwards that I realized how lovely that was. And I must say, the audience was amazingly kind and loving and welcoming, too.

Source:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6495202/julie-andrews-sound-of-music-anniversary-lady-gaga

Also, this clip has Julie's words about Gaga when Gaga left the stage.  At 8:00 into this:

I live outside the space time continuum.

Agunimon

I’m convinced if it wasn’t for this performance, she would not have gotten the super bowl, or found much success after. It made me so excited for the direction and plans Bobby had for her. 

Archived