Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

J-Pop Appreciation Post!

Omar Vela

Featured Posts

Omar Vela

Lately K-Pop has dominated worldwide, I'm not really a fan of the genre (just personal opinion, I've also found corean artist who do music in japanese and they are pretty good) however .. I think J-Pop deserves a chance too! I lately have found myself listening to some japanese music I didn't even know existed. There's plenty diversity on music style and videos.

Japanese Candyman :P

newseason

Ohh, finally someone who listens to J-pop on here. I really like DAOKO's music, she needs to be more popular. Chanmina is nice too, although her music is a bit too Western sounding to me (not that it's a problem, it's just that I like Japanese music mainly because of how different it sounds from anything else). As for Perfume, I need to be in a certain mood to enjoy their music, but there are moments when I find myself listening to them. 

Ryusei

Amen. People often wanna say J-Pop is not accessible or smth but that is such a 10 years ago issue. Nowadays barely any artists don't have their whole catalogues on streaming. 

I listen to a lot of J-Pop and really like where it's going currently. It has always had its own sound and continues to do so with a super wide genre variety. 

Loved Daoko's latest album. Otogi no machi is such a bop

I'm also a huge perfume fan. I saw them live in Paris in 2013. Been a fan for roughly 10 years now. Been obsessed with them again recently. Game - Level3 is a legendary album run

Musery

newseason

Yes! DAOKO's latest album is really quirky and interesting. Strawberry Moon is playing in my head lol. The thing is that some people might be put off by her vocals, and this can be said by a lot of other J-pop artists which adopt very specific or unique styles of singing. Many Western pop fans prefer the more catchy or standard kind of pop. Also, the music itself probably sounds strange to someone who isn t used to it. 

Omg, I love Echo!! Glad to find another Chara fan here. 

ARTPOP BALL

I love J-Pop. I've been obssessed with DAOKO, Cö shu Nie and Who-ya Extended lately.

Glad I found some J-Pop fans on this site, I thought I was alone:kara:

I'm addicted to delusion

I have been a Perfume fan for over 10 years now, from way back in middle school.  It makes me so happy to see people still appreciating them

These are a few of my favorites from them

The concept for that last mv was to reuse clips of their old videos to make it look like the old clips are singing the new lyrics, and it made me a little emotional when it came out because of how long I've liked their stuff lol.

Ryusei
1 hour ago, newseason said:

Yes! DAOKO's latest album is really quirky and interesting. Strawberry Moon is playing in my head lol. The thing is that some people might be put off by her vocals, and this can be said by a lot of other J-pop artists which adopt very specific or unique styles of singing. Many Western pop fans prefer the more catchy or standard kind of pop. Also, the music itself probably sounds strange to someone who isn t used to it. 

Omg, I love Echo!! Glad to find another Chara fan here. 

All of this really pulled me more into japanese music I was so intrigued by how different it was from anything I'd heard and there are so many different kinds of voices and unique trends etc. It takes a bit of getting used to but once your mind is open it's OPEN. I remember hearing laser beam by perfume for the first time and thinking: who wants to hear these chipmunk voices and then I just became OBSESSED. Also probably listened to Laser Beam several thousand times in my life by now lol 

I heard about Echo from the Arama Japan podcast and I became obsessed with You! You! You! haha I haven't checked out many oder Chara or Yuki albums but I can say that Baby Bump was also a really cool album. 

4 minutes ago, jsn said:

The concept for that last mv was to reuse clips of their old videos to make it look like the old clips are singing the new lyrics, and it made me a little emotional when it came out because of how long I've liked their stuff lol.

I love that concept so much it's so smart. Looove Perfume's tours and music videos in general their stuff is so innovative. 

Musery

Ryusei
1 hour ago, Prada said:

is LiSA J-Pop? or more rock

I feel like Japanese music can't be boxed in as just "J-Pop" Anime songs are like a genre of their own. LiSA has been doing so well lately Gurenge and Homura are giant hits 

Musery

Awakened M

Yasss! Y'all are cute, but Reol is the queen of J-Pop.:diane:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

RAMROD

J-Pop is a general name. Especially on the market place and charts. Do you know they are also calling rock music and other modern popular genre done by Japanese as J-Pop there?

Majority of people in Japan don't get what you're talking about if you are being specific, say mentioning about J-Rock, J-Punk, J-Ska, City pop, Visual kei, Shibuya kei, Touhou, Chiptune, Idol, etc., Unless you are talking with an otaku, (meaning someone who obsessed), over certain genre.

But when you mentioned the most popular artists from those genres, they may aware. "Ah J-pop artist/band xx?? I may have heard a song or two from them!"

But anyway, enjoy these

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

newseason
16 hours ago, Ryusei said:

All of this really pulled me more into japanese music I was so intrigued by how different it was from anything I'd heard and there are so many different kinds of voices and unique trends etc. It takes a bit of getting used to but once your mind is open it's OPEN. I remember hearing laser beam by perfume for the first time and thinking: who wants to hear these chipmunk voices and then I just became OBSESSED. Also probably listened to Laser Beam several thousand times in my life by now lol 

I heard about Echo from the Arama Japan podcast and I became obsessed with You! You! You! haha I haven't checked out many oder Chara or Yuki albums but I can say that Baby Bump was also a really cool album. 

I agree. I remember how amazed I was the first time I discovered J-pop back in 2011. It just sounded so different from anything else I've been listening to up to that point. And to be honest, my fascination for J-pop is always growing, because there are always great and diverse singers and bands to get into. I'm not very fond of their idol groups, but other than that, even in mainstream music you can find so many different styles

If you liked Echo and Baby Bump, you'll probably enjoy some of her older albums too.

Ryusei
31 minutes ago, newseason said:

I agree. I remember how amazed I was the first time I discovered J-pop back in 2011. It just sounded so different from anything else I've been listening to up to that point. And to be honest, my fascination for J-pop is always growing, because there are always great and diverse singers and bands to get into. I'm not very fond of their idol groups, but other than that, even in mainstream music you can find so many different styles

If you liked Echo and Baby Bump, you'll probably enjoy some of her older albums too.

Agreed about the idol groups even though there are sometimes idol bops but i discover them more by accident lol An alternative kinda idol group i really enjoy is maison book girl cause their songs are like grim and they have this own unique style. Yume is a really cool album that is like centered around the idea of dreams and sleep 

Musery

Archived