Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Anyone here ever publish a book?

B2theRich33

Featured Posts

B2theRich33

So over the course of the years I’ve done a lot of writing... I have accumulated it and put together a small book I would love to have published for anyone interested. Does anyone have any leads on where to start or how to best go about this? 

Outright traditional publishing can be very daunting and almost impossible without connections. I would advice you to self-publish your writings and promote them so a traditional agency can find them more easily.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

B2theRich33
2 minutes ago, Jill said:

Outright traditional publishing can be very daunting and almost impossible without connections. I would advice you to self-publish your writings and promote them so a traditional agency can find them more easily.

That’s route I’m most likely going to take, I’m just unsure really the best way to go about self publishing haha, I wasn’t taught this in Art School! 

Just now, B2theRich33 said:

That’s route I’m most likely going to take, I’m just unsure really the best way to go about self publishing haha, I wasn’t taught this in Art School! 

Maybe try Amazon? They offer self-publishing tools. I don't know much about it since I'm not a writer, but I've heard of them. What you could do is publish some excerpts for free on Wattpad or a personal blog and use them to promote the full work on Amazon.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Franch Toast

It depends on what kind of writing it is. If it's fiction or nonfiction, you need an agent to be connected to the major publishers. If it's poetry, you can submit directly to presses. You can also submit short extracts (stories, poems, essays) on their own to literary journals. They usually publish their submission guidelines online. Or, if you want to self-publish, Amazon has info somewhere on their site, and you can be in control of things. 

She/Her/Hers

mattbri

Fantastic! I myself am a published author but where I live the system is completely different - I write in my native language. But if I can be of any help let me know and good luck!

MeetinDaShadow

You could try Unbound. It’s a crowd funding publisher, with their own in-house editors, artists, and graphic designers, so your book will also get an original cover.

https://unbound.com

I wrote part of a book that was published by them (it had various authors). It’s sold on Amazon and around the word in a few  bookshops. They will help guide you through all of that. And, they did a splendid job with the cover. 

Sneaky Oliver

Very close to it, a few times. I've written some books as well. The publishing companies actually charge big money for a contract. Even the small ones. You can't really get a contract with a big company unless you are an instagram influecer or whatever. Self publishing can be a route but it demands a lot of work like promoting your book over social media and delivery (if you want to sell physical copies). I know a few writers who do well with self publishing but they have atleast a good follower number on Instagram

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• 2 weeks later...

Archived