💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

New Artists doing SB's Halftime Show?

Damon

Featured Posts

So the Halftime Show on the Super Bowl is a pretty iconic thing to happen o an artist career, bue there are some things that gets an artist there, trajectory, or how many hits they have or idk many things and everytime we think of the next performer, we always discuss it just talking big names as well but...

can you imagine one of the nowadays kids of the new generation of pop doing it and carrying it over like it has to be done? i like to think dua is the only one able to be on the level

... and now i just sit in silence.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber

I don’t think anyone who has debuted in the past 5 years can do it, they should have at least 10 years of hits. I think if newer artists do it it might make them fizzle out faster.

ajmsamuel
5 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

I don’t think anyone who has debuted in the past 5 years can do it, they should have at least 10 years of hits. I think if newer artists do it it might make them fizzle out faster.

gaga do it with 7 years of hits. 💅🏽

kindest regards

duckworth

i think you'd need a solid adult following and recognition to play for the SB. most times, the halftime gets more ratings than the game and it helps drive up the ad prices for the next year's show. getting someone who isn't at least known by the viewers could harm any revenues pepsi and the nfl could potentially get from it. 

i don't think there's an artist that debuted in the last 5 years that could do it. ariana's the closest i can think of

xoxo Craig

I honestly can't see anyone who's relatively new doing the HTS... maybe in the future but its hard to picture someone like Dua doing it off of like maybe 3 songs everyone knows well. Like every performer has had staple iconic hits that everyone knows, and has been around for a while. When Katy did the HTS, she was 7 years into her career with 3 iconic albums full of iconic songs. 

I think at this stage its too early for the newer girls. We still need Rihanna, Ariana Grande, and Adele to do the HTS :vegas:

End Racism Now

Justin Drew Bieber
5 minutes ago, ajmsamuel said:

gaga do it with 7 years of hits. 💅🏽

8* :ally: 2008-2016 but she also had 13 Top 10 hits at the time. (MR became the 14th that week).

Justin Drew Bieber

One more thing I would like to add, the reason I think artists should wait at least 10 years after their debut is because if they perform too early, their future hits will never get the exposure that comes with a Super Bowl performance. For example, let’s say Dua were to perform the SB this year, would it look better for her whole 15-minute performance to only be hits from 2 albums, or for her performance to be hits from 7 albums? This is why I think it’s better to wait.

edengowon
1 minute ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

One more thing I would like to add, the reason I think artists should wait at least 10 years after their debut is because if they perform too early, their future hits will never get the exposure that comes with a Super Bowl performance. For example, let’s say Dua were to perform the SB this year, would it look better for her whole 15-minute performance to just be songs from 2 albums, or for her performance to be hits from 7 albums? This is why I think it’s better to wait.

gaga didn't do it 10 years after, neither did katy, and yet they both had hugely successful superbowl performances.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

I feel like you need to have some kind of legacy to do it. I feel like obvious choices that should do it in future are Taylor swift, rihanna, adele maybe beiber 

Justin Drew Bieber
Just now, Autumn said:

gaga didn't do it 10 years after, neither did katy, and yet they both had hugely successful superbowl performances.

There are exceptions, Katy had Teenage Dream singles + PRISM, Gaga had The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way. I don’t think artists like Billie or Dua could pull it off yet. It’s too early

RAMROD

New artists unlikely to have solo Half Time, example Britney and Xtina who were mashed together with few other bands and artists.

Britney did hers in 2001, that was only 3-4 years into her professional adult career. And Xtine did hers in 2000, only 1-2 years into her professional adult career

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TimisaMonster

Its something you've earned and not based on current popularity but being an iconic figure for a length of time in the industry...

An artist like Dua or Billie wouldn't perform for quite a while...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Justin Drew Bieber
1 minute ago, Bottom said:

I feel like you need to have some kind of legacy to do it. I feel like obvious choices that should do it in future are Taylor swift, rihanna, adele maybe beiber 

Yes please Bieber, but farther into the future, at least 5 more years. I want his music to evolve a bit more so his performance can be more diverse. But he has countless hits it’s crazy! (Baby, Beauty And A Beat, Boyfriend, Sorry, Never Say Never, As Long As You Love Me, Love Yourself, Yummy, What Do You Mean, Intentions, Holy, Anyone) But so far it would make the performance look too “teeny”. I want him to make music like MJ in terms of production.

Agunimon

The point of the half time show is to garner more views during the super bowl by those who aren’t watching it. There is no logical reason for them having a new artist perform. 

Archived