💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (whispering along to the track)

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Cheryl always delivers a mess..

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

StrawberryBlond

All these years later, I'm still no further forward in working out what truly happened here. Obviously, the wrong backing track was played. Usually in these instances, the instrumental gets played accidentally and the lipsyching artist is completely blindsided and can't sing as their mic isn't switched on. I'd say that's what happened here but Cheryl does begin singing as soon as the verse kicks in (before she realises anything is wrong) and as we can hear it, her mic is switched on which would suggest she wasn't planning to lipsynch. Yet, she whispers it at first because she doesn't have the vocal strength to sing live to full capacity and do this very challenging dance routine at the same time. But she's out of breath at the start, when the routine has just begun. And up until that point, she had always lipsyched this song, the energetic routine is the validation for that. Most of her songs are lipsynched. Judging by what we know, she had every intention to lipsynch this. So, why was her mic switched on? Why did she start singing properly right from the beginning if she was going to mime it? Why does she descend into whispering but can bring it back to normal volume? Is it an audio issue and she can't hear herself right? So many questions! I need answers!

whoresup
7 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

All these years later, I'm still no further forward in working out what truly happened here. Obviously, the wrong backing track was played. Usually in these instances, the instrumental gets played accidentally and the lipsyching artist is completely blindsided and can't sing as their mic isn't switched on. I'd say that's what happened here but Cheryl does begin singing as soon as the verse kicks in (before she realises anything is wrong) and as we can hear it, her mic is switched on which would suggest she wasn't planning to lipsynch. Yet, she whispers it at first because she doesn't have the vocal strength to sing live to full capacity and do this very challenging dance routine at the same time. But she's out of breath at the start, when the routine has just begun. And up until that point, she had always lipsyched this song, the energetic routine is the validation for that. Most of her songs are lipsynched. Judging by what we know, she had every intention to lipsynch this. So, why was her mic switched on? Why did she start singing properly right from the beginning if she was going to mime it? Why does she descend into whispering but can bring it back to normal volume? Is it an audio issue and she can't hear herself right? So many questions! I need answers!

I’m the same and have always wanted to know exactly what happened lol! 

I think that she was supposed to be miming but they played the wrong backing track. She wasn’t made aware of this until the second verse when she starts properly singing (she looks embarrassed around this time so maybe she just realised).

As for the whispering, I think she was just whispering along to the track so that her lip syncing looked convincing. 

Archived