Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

1000 Doves Piano vs Dance Version

Mother of Puppies

Which version of 1000 Doves do you like better?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• 1000 Doves PIANO version
    • 1000 Doves DANCE version

Featured Posts

Mother of Puppies

So I´m curious... when I first heard a 1000 doves I was like: I looove the lyrics and everything and I expected a ballad, but then the chorus started and I was like: Ok, she really meant it when she said "dancing through the pain". :ladyhaha:

And then I found the piano version on Youtube and I thought: Damn, this should´ve been the album version. It´s such a beautiful song with a deep meaning and strong lyrics... and so emotional. One of her best ballads I think!

My favorite part that hit so hard is:

I cry more than I ever say
Each time, your love seems to save the day

(especially that "save the daa aaay!" I get goosebumps every time I hear it.

I really would loooooove to see her sing it live on the piano in a dark room. Just her.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Frivolero

dance version slaps

slow version is for the old folks :ohwell:

c'mon now we gotta bop a hip

Scarlett Johansson GIF by NETFLIX 

LittleMonster20

I LOVE both but I prefer the dance version because it just makes more sense, dancing trough the pain. This song is the defining point of the album.

Although the piano version is beautiful too. It’s a really nice ending to the album on the deluxe edition.

LGMonster95

Dance version and I say this as someone who absolutely loves Gaga at the piano, I just think that her vocals on the album version are better.

Linus Gaga

Piano version, but i hope she also add the "I've been hurting stuck inside the cage" for piano version

Hit me a message and say hi !

6 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

because it just makes more sense, dancing trough the pain. This songs is basically the defining point of the album.

This sums it up perfectly

Mother of Puppies
2 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Dance version and I say this as someone who absolutely loves Gaga at the piano, I just think that her vocals on the album version are better.

Haha this funny... I´m like the opposite (I mean I loooove her at the piano when she sings live)

But in general when it comes to her songs I´m always more into her fast dance songs and not the ballads so much... but with this song I actually prefer the slow piano version.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

LGMonster95
2 minutes ago, NickyPuppy said:

Haha this funny... I´m like the opposite (I mean I loooove her at the piano when she sings live)

But in general when it comes to her songs I´m always more into her fast dance songs and not the ballads so much... but with this song I actually prefer the slow piano version.

I listened to both versions very closely, the way she's expressing herself on the album version feels a bit more honest while the piano version feels more direct, beside this, the way she sings the chorus on the album version just sounds better for me.

the original album cut (dance version) is the best - period.

it's euphoric and has a trance-like feel to it,  it literally makes me feel as if i'm floating on air.

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Piano version I love love love :heart:

I agree the way she sings that one lyric is so emotional, and also it has the extra verse:

"If I had a painters mind then I would paint it, or a sculptors hands then I would shape it, but instead I guess I'll sing it in this song"

which I love

Archived