💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Joe Germanotta struggling as a restaurant owner

Kimmo

Featured Posts

RXGO4M6MGVHBTOTVR27KBJALYY.jpg

Lady Gaga's father Joe Germanotta is one of the thousands of New York restaurant owners concerned about the future of his business amid the coronavirus pandemic. The superstar is a native New Yorker, and her father has gotten his own taste of the spotlight in the Big Apple as the owner of the Upper West Side Italian restaurant Joanne Trattoria.

In an interview with Fox Business this week, Germanotta discussed his decision to temporarily close the doors of the eatery following New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's suspension of indoor dining back on Dec. 11. Like many other restaurant owners in the city, he said the past several months have "absolutely" been tough. "All the restaurant owners are anxious to get back up and running," Germanotta said. "We're hoping that now that there's a vaccine and they're starting to deploy more, that we can get back to semi-normal operations."

The famous father revealed that it was around Thanksgiving -- when rumors of another indoor dining shutdown were rampant in the state -- that he made the difficult decision to shut his restaurant's doors temporarily.

"I made the decision to give [my employees] time off. It was too much 'You're open,' and then a week later, 'You're closed,'" Germanotta recalled. "I locked the door. I'm not doing any deliveries or pick-ups now."

"Every time I turned around I was throwing out $5,000 to $6,000 worth of inventory and food because it'd go bad," he added. Germanotta said he plans to reopen Feb. 4. While he has high hopes for a better 2021, he acknowledged that getting through the winter will be tough.

"You can have outside dining, but it's too damn cold! And the pick-up and delivery business is not enough to support the staff," Germanotta shared.

Source

Hottie Detector

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaSine

Good. :yennefer:

The way the restaurant industry runs has been completely unsustainable for decades. It’s time for restructuring. Or for some god damn rent freezes.

Luke78619

It’s because of the Gaga curse :huntyga: he likes trump, your restaurant goes down the dump :huntyga:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

5 minutes ago, Red said:

Not them making it sound like he depends on his restaurant to survive

True, but at the same time Stef doesn't have to feed her non-supportive dad

MonsterPaws

I'm not a fan of him of course but I do like Joanne's. The food isn't mind-blowing but it's a nice to place to have dinner with friends.

There's an AMC nearby too if I remember right.

I hope it survives.

Just now, KEVIN STEVE said:

I'm pretty sure she does tho, the way Joe speaks of his condition, it sounds like his restaurant would be closed at this point if he was in it alone

Bonkers

If I went to Joanne's it would probably be to order a glass of rat water so I could leave a note telling him that supporting Trump very shortly after Trump specifically said disgusting things towards his daughter should be a clue he should close his restaurant because we ain't playin.

:huntyga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

1 minute ago, Red said:

I'm pretty sure she does tho, the way Joe speaks of his condition, it sounds like his restaurant would be closed at this point if he was in it alone

Well, I bet she does too, but he previously asked the public for donations so that's not surprising, he's just not as good as his daughter

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

If I went to Joanne's it would probably to order a glass of rat water so I could leave a note telling him that supporting Trump very shortly after Trump specifically said disgusting things towards his daughter should be a clue he should close his restaurant because we ain't playin.

:huntyga:

I-

JOANNE-TRATTORIA.png?dl=1

Hottie Detector

Guillaume Hamon
1 minute ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

And I believe she already gave him a big chunk of her fortune back in 2010 so if he burned it all...

That's on him ! :huntyga:

Archived